AAR exhaust on early Barraucda

-

dschem

Reaction score
Has anybody tried putting an AAR cuda exhaust onto a 1966 barracuda. I thought about doing it on mine using the regular exhaust manifolds for my 273 engine. Just wondered about hanging the mufflers and how it lines up.

Thanks

Dave

One of the issues you may have to deal with is getting the passenger side exhaust pipe to work out. Everyone I have know who has tried to keep the pipes the same length ran the passenger side exhaust pipe under the torsion bar cross member. Subsequently, they either hung the pipe on something and tore it loose or squashed that sucker like a bug. Others have run both pipes through the driver's side passage. IMO, it sounded a little strange.

No known problems with hanging dual mufflers. If you want to use a flow pattern like the AAR, suggest the muffler for the C6 Corvette. Flowmaster makes one.

Hello,

Thanks for the input. I have had dual exhaust on the car and the guy did kind of flatten the passenger side pipe to go beneath the trans crossmember. I have exhaust going all the way back now. I am thinking of doing the Dougs headers and then using part of the pipes I already have to get back to the AAR mufflers. Still thinking it through. So the C6 mufflers are similar to the AAR mufflers?

Hello,

So the C6 mufflers are similar to the AAR mufflers?

Similar in the sense that the inlet and outlet are on the same end. I think that the C6 uses a 2½" pipe. The C6 outlet is a single but the pipe splits to offer the two outlets per bank you see hanging out the back on a stock C6.

Hello,

Thanks for the input. Is an e-body wider than my A-body? I was just wondering will i run into issues with the AAR side pipes being too long?

-
Back