AAR Six Pack Fiberglass Hood Clearance

-

gradedcatfood

1972 Plymouth Duster 440
Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone out there with a 1970-1972 six pack Duster Hood from AAR please give me some dimensions on how much it gains you for height? I know on the site it says "Scoop height is standard Mopar 2.5 inches." but I heard that it is 2.5 tall in the back of the scoop, and about 4 inches in the front.

Would love any photos/dimensions of hood clearance you gain with this hood as I am considering buying it but a little tight on space.

This is the hood in question: Hood, Duster, 1970-1972, six pack, bolt on | AAR Quality Fiberglass Reproductions

Thanks!

Hey guys, anyone out there with a 1970-1972 six pack Duster Hood from AAR please give me some dimensions on how much it gains you for height? I know on the site it says "Scoop height is standard Mopar 2.5 inches." but I heard that it is 2.5 tall in the back of the scoop, and about 4 inches in the front.

Would love any photos/dimensions of hood clearance you gain with this hood as I am considering buying it but a little tight on space.

This is the hood in question: Hood, Duster, 1970-1972, six pack, bolt on | AAR Quality Fiberglass Reproductions

Thanks!
Well i dont have the hood, but i have the hood scoop on my dart (M3 tape and screwed into the hood). Overall id say youve got 3.5-4 inches of interior room on the front half. Now grantd ive got a bit more room cause it sits on top of the hood.

If you go with just the scoop, i suggest doing a layer of fiberglass on the inside to strengthen it as its flimbsy. Still holds up great though. It gave me enough room for a riser and new air filter which is at least 4 inches taller than the stock filter.

20180226_155526.jpg

20180226_152921.jpg

20180226_154500.jpg

So I called AAR and the 1970-1972 six pack Duster Hood scoop is a different size from their scoop alone. It seems like the scoop they sell separately is a little taller than the one thats comes with the hood installed.

hmmm...

So I called AAR and the 1970-1972 six pack Duster Hood scoop is a different size from their scoop alone. It seems like the scoop they sell separately is a little taller than the one thats comes with the hood installed.

hmmm...
If you go with the scoop, i suggest going straight to bolting it on. The tape wasnt even thick enough to reach the hood.

I pulled the trigger and bought the hood (with scoop already attached). Once I get it I will post photos in this thread

Had a pretty tall air cleaner (with drop base) on mine with room to spare... They’re nice hoods.

Picture%20119.jpg

Picture%20115.jpg

My info is probably almost useless since it's not an A body, but my 68 Satellite has a lift off 6 pack hood. Has a 440 with a Holley SD, one inch spacer and Holley DP with a 14wx6h air cleaner.

-
Back