Abody SBP 7&1/4 vs 8&3/4 SBP overall length

-

Rapid Robert

Reaction score
is the end to end wheel flange distance pretty much the same for the two? I'm swapping rears & having potential wheel backspace clearance issues from wheel/tire to leaf springs. I am not in a position to measure everything right now. any thoughts? thank you for your time. RR

is the end to end wheel flange distance pretty much the same for the two? I'm swapping rears & having potential wheel backspace clearance issues from wheel/tire to leaf springs. I am not in a position to measure everything right now. any thoughts? thank you for your time. RR

The short answer is, no, they are not the same width.

I don't have information for the SBP 7 1/4, but I know that the BBP 7 1/4 housing is only 51.5", vs the 8 3/4 which is 52 5/8". So if the SBP 7 1/4" housing is the same width as the BBP, the SBP 7 1/4" is narrower than the SBP 8 3/4, and the difference will be more than a 1/2" per side.

CORRECTION: my mistake, this is a BBP 7&1/4 going to SBP 8&3/4 and unfortunately spacers ain't allowed in the class. I will measure the SBP 15 x 7 wheels that I have, the backspace & post it later but it is deep. RR

CORRECTION: my mistake, this is a BBP 7&1/4 going to SBP 8&3/4 and unfortunately spacers ain't allowed in the class. I will measure the SBP 15 x 7 wheels that I have, the backspace & post it later but it is deep. RR

The SBP 8 3/4 should still be wider, but not by much. The BBP 7 1/4 should be 56.75” from wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface, the SBP 8 3/4 will be 57 1/8” WMS-WMS.

Good info, thank you very much blu. with the pattern change obviously I wont be able to throw the rim on there right now till I get the rears swapped but I will measure as best as I can this afternoon & with the SBP 8&3/4 being a bit longer I might get lucky! thank you again. RR

Sounds like it's going your way. I'd whole lot rather have to adjust the outer wheel tubs with a BFH than have to do all you'd have to do to get clearance on the springs!

:thumbsup:

the wheelwell radius has been trimmed to where all of the wheel/tire is visible from the side tho you dont want the tire/wheel to stick out past the fender cuz when your bumped (& you will be!) it would flatten the tire. I think I'm gonna be good on the wheel/tire to spring clearance. I will find out when I get the 8&3/4 housing back & mockup. with the 8&3/4 being a bit wider I think I'm good. thanks guys for the help. RR

-
Back