??? about primer before paint

-
Reaction score
So i have had the epoxy primer on the car for about a month. I am now ready to paint. The guy at the paint store says that i need to sand the primer and reprime and then apply the paint within 24 hrs. Does this sound right or can i paint over the primer I put down last month?

Always sand your primer even if it has glazed over,also have your primer tinted to the color your going with this will help in the evenness of top coat.

For epoxy primers yes there is. Expoxy needs to be top coated after its applied. Sand it down primer it again then shoot your topcoat.

No after a month you cannot prime nor should you paint on epoxy. But there's some epoxy you can do a wet on wet on!! Epoxy's are hard to sand are not meant sand(gummy) So now you have to try and scuff the epoxy the best you can useing 280 trying not to break through wash down with prekleno and tack spray a couple coats of 2 stage primer spray a dusting of tracer coat on and block then you should be good to go. Hope this helps.

just DA the epoxy with 80 untill there is no "shine" or just go to bare metal. then do ur filler work ,and get it really close. then pray ur first set (3) coats of high build primer. 80 that on a long block untill u get back down to filler and metal. apply filler to the low spots. then spray another 3 coats of high build primer. just sand till the color change. if there are no low spots and u havn't sanded thru to metal, spray guide coat onto the entire area. start to 120,again on a long block till all the guide coat has been sanded off. if it looks good and straight then again spray i think it was 1 or 2 coat of primer. then wet sand with 360. again guide coat and wet sand with 400. paint it and then start color sanding... 800,1200,1500,2K,3K, all wet

-
Back