About to build fuel system.

-

HankRearden

Reaction score
I just installed a new fuel tank and sender with a 3/8 line on my 70 dart. Im planning to use an e2000 pump and an aeromotive bypass regulator to cut the fuel pressure down correctly for the carburetor.
I know that ideally the pump would be mounted below the tank. But as low as the car sits I don't see that as a viable option. Can I mount the e2000 fuel pump above the line coming out of the sending unit? Will it "suck" that far?

What are your plans for the car? Purely street crusing? If so that will be fine.

If you planning on drag racing or any spirited driving id strongly suggest doing a sumped tank. Under hard acceleration the fuel will slosh to the back of the tank and it will make it much more difficult for your stock sending unit to pick fuel up. Very strong chance of starving the pump or engine of fuel.

This is how I did my car.

DSC00458.JPG

DSC00460.JPG

Mostly street car. I hope to hit the dragstrip about six times next year. I've never raced on an actual drag strip before so Im looking formward to trying it. Im hoping for a legit 400 horse at the crank.

Mostly street car. I hope to hit the dragstrip about six times next year. I've never raced on an actual drag strip before so Im looking formward to trying it. Im hoping for a legit 400 horse at the crank.
If u haven't put fuel in the new tank, pull it and weld some fittings or a sump in it . I used 2 drilled out 1/2" octagonal pipe caps, and welded them to the back ,lower corners of the tank on both sides. Then just took a big pointed center punch and drove it thru them till it stopped , creating a large centered hole in the tank/fittings , w/ no drilling trash created. U then can put ur pump fairly close, behind and on the frame , where it will be close to gravity feeding. A big plus is being able to run 2, 1/2" canister type filters that will filter ur fuel before it goes into the pump. Mine has plenty of flow and keeps the pump clean. U can run shut off valves first to aid in filter changing and fuel line work. I then went from the filters to a y fitting , then into the pump. The external pump makes a little noise, "till I start the car!"

-
Back