About To Install My 06 Hemi In My Duster Any Help???

-

swifter

Reaction score
Hey who has done this before would like to know any issues that went on with the install 70 duster-06 5.7 hemi with xv package,tti headers and mounts:bootysha:

Several good build threads here and on BBD about doing the swap. I am doing a 6.1, but my direction is a little different.

If you plan on AC you will have some fitment issues with a car 5.7 (lower mount AC compressor) Pretty sure the truck mounts them up high

Pics as you progress plz!.....

I am working on a 67 Dart with a 5.7 06 Hemi. To say the least you will not get bored. I had to trim out a little for the alternator and fabbed my own engine mounts. The motor is extremely tight between the inner fenders on my dart. I have long tube header from TTI ceramic coated and polished. They fit snug with my manual steering, no way would power steering would have ever fit. I used a double wobble joint in my steering rod to clear the headers. I had to move the power brakes canister/master cyclinder to drivers side approx 2 inches. I also had to insall a different oil pan to clear the steering and k-member. I just received my XV throttle body and intake this week, so I can run a filter thru my hemi scoop on my hood. Is this the set up you are going to run?? I am waiting to install the intake as soon as my cam package arrives from Frank Racing. I am still doing body work till the parts come in. This is a few things I have run into so far, not sure if it will affect you on your 70 duster. You might check members restoration forum here.

-
Back