abs headliner

-

loops

Reaction score
any tips for installing new abs headliner on 2 door dart? It looks like there is no ledge or hooks to hold rear in place while replacing trim along sides and rear. what goes up first, sailboards or hedliner? how do those plastic anchors on sailboard work?

I put one into my Demon. Sail boards are last. I used the stock clip that holds up the rear of the headliner, it's centered in the back at the rear window. The toughest part was getting the holes for the sun visors and rear view mirror in the correct place. I used a piece of cardboard to make a template to get the holes in the correct place. Once you get the holes drilled/cut out then you need a way to hold the headliner in place. I was able to install it by myself but it would have been easier with a helper. Looks great when it's in. Make sure you have all the screws and other trim items from the orginal headliner, such as dome light, coat hooks, sun visor, rear view mirror and trim pieces that go above the side windows.

How many pieces are there with the plastic headliner? I have been thinking there was only one, but I have a couple small sailpanel type pieces stored with the busted up cardboard.
loops, have you got your's in yet? Where did you purchase it from? How did it fit? I am ready to purchase one and trying to do my homework.
Demon, where did you get your's & how was the fit? The Legendary site says theirs is only a so-so fit.
Thanks,
C

Demon, where did you get your's & how was the fit? The Legendary site says theirs is only a so-so fit.
Thanks,
C

I bought mine in 2007 from a reseller that is no longer in business. Not sure who manufacturs these ABS headliners but I would assume they're made by one company. There are three parts, the main top and the two sail panels. I like the fit of mine, it is certainly as nice (but heavier) than the orginal cardboard style. However, getting them installed takes patience.

-
Back