AC compressor mount

-

Docmcg

Reaction score
Ok guys, here goes. I think I finally figured out an AC compressor mount for the slant six. Mine is going in my A100 pickup so it HAS TO go low on driver’s side of the motor (no room on pass. side). For those in cars and “normal” pickups the alternator is on the passenger side. If you don’t have power steering this mount would locate like mine where the power steering pump would normally be. The compression is a Sanden 508 and it hangs out the side about 10” from the center of the water pump pulley. Anyone interested in templates for the mount please PM me. Just in case anyone wants to know, I’ve put electric power steering on my truck along with independent front suspension. My alternator will be moved up over the water pump from where it was (where the AC compressor is now!). Here’s a pic of the mounted compressor. There’s a bit more work to be done, but I’m confident it will work.

1ECDD0D3-8939-4248-A26B-5AB60E049B12.jpeg

Do you have a build thread? I’d be interested in how you did the IFS on the A series

Last edited:
Never did a build thread. The swap to IFS on my truck was a challenge to say the least. Haven’t had the truck on the road yet to test. I probably wouldn’t do it again!

Looks very similar to the custom bracket I fabb'ed for the same spot. Post 22 in: Air conditioning options?

Not super confident in my bracket since one custom Sanden bracket I used on my 1985 M-B 300D, made by a forum member got cracks. I didn't see anything he did wrong, but might have experienced a resonance at certain rpm's. I haven't run the compressor in my 1964 Valiant, so can't comment.

-
Back