AC/Heater Blower Motor Ground Wire - Help Needed

-

KindredSpirit

Reaction score
I've got a factory AC '71 Swinger and have restored and reinstalled the AC box. I now find I did not get a clear picture of the blower motor ground wire attachment point before I removed it from the car. The FSM shows a ground (lotta help, lol!) but no attachment point. It's got an eyelet on it, about 3/8" inside diameter, so obviously it goes to a nearby bolt. Which one? It is unique to AC cars so non-AC info is not helpful. Anybody out there with a factory AC car who can let me know the definitive attachment point for the ground wire?

Make a spot, I could be wrong but a ground is a ground (in this case).
I've een 6 grounds (homemade) on instrument clusters

Thanks, yes. I'm a bit OCD about reassembly and am trying to follow the original wiring scheme, if there was one for Chrysler back in 1971.

I “believe” it goes between one of the studs that goes thru fire wall from blower motor thru fire wall.

That ground wire is pretty long. And on my 1970 dart it was on one of the studs for the wiper motor. I stripped and painted the engine bay last year and put the ground wire back on the wiper stud.

Aha. The wiper motor stud looks right. The wire is the exact length to reach it while still going through a couple of wire loom tabs, and the bend in the wire follows the contour of the firewall behind that location.
100_0935 A.jpg

Aha. The wiper motor stud looks right. The wire is the exact length to reach it while still going through a couple of wire loom tabs, and the bend in the wire follows the contour of the firewall behind that location.

I saw what you mentioned about the original wire scheme, but I would soooo shorten that wire and attach it to the blower motor stud right next to it.
Most of the ones I have seen go there, so it wouldn't be to out there.

-
Back