AC heater box to non ac heater box 68 barracuda

-

johnnycuda

JohnnyCuda's 68
Reaction score
Hey all need help installing my non ac heater box in a car that had AC.
Anybody know of any templates for the non air box to fire wall?
I believe I remember seeing something a few months back.

There is a section of firewall for a factory a/c that gets shipped from one member to another but I haven't seen the opposite available. Goig to a/c is pretty simple since its all adding holes or cutting away metal.
Going from a/c back to heat only will require adding metal back to the firewall in the fan motor area.
Good luck with it.

Thanks,
yeah it's already been patched I need to redrill the the main hole and the blower motor holes thanks

I could try to get some measurements from point to point if that will help.

anything right now I have to guess

Sorry about delay. Give me a couple hours and I'll see what I can come up with. Right now, drinking coffee and thinking... I might clamp a framing square to the firewall and work off it. If that works it would be to your advantage to have one there also. Don't go round up one yet though.

Sorry about delay. Give me a couple hours and I'll see what I can come up with. Right now, drinking coffee and thinking... I might clamp a framing square to the firewall and work off it. If that works it would be to your advantage to have one there also. Don't go round up one yet though.
any of u guys ever try an aftermarket heater, like summit offers?
the are a lot smaller, and not too high anymore,I may look into it further down the road. my after market heads are a lot longer than stockers, not much room for the heater motor!
sorry, didn`t mean to hi-jack this thread, thot u might be intetrested in looking in to it,--------bob

I suppose that would be the best route where space is an issue with the OEM heater case. My only concern stems from my experience with aftermarket a/c setups.
Their fan motors would get really noisey with age and wear. They dripped water in the floor too. I doubt a heater case would drip water but... Is it designed in such a way that if its heater core ruptured it couldn't spray hot water in the cabin or on the passenger ?
We just never know what surprises will be found down those aftermarket trails.
Good luck to all.

I suppose that would be the best route where space is an issue with the OEM heater case. My only concern stems from my experience with aftermarket a/c setups.
Their fan motors would get really noisey with age and wear. They dripped water in the floor too. I doubt a heater case would drip water but... Is it designed in such a way that if its heater core ruptured it couldn't spray hot water in the cabin or on the passenger ?
We just never know what surprises will be found down those aftermarket trails.
Good luck to all.

HMMMM? food for thot!--bob

First, ignore the sharpie markings on this firwall. Those are intended for the a/c addition changes planned for this car.
So the framing square wasn't going to work no way no how. While trying to position it I noticed a < notch cut at the bulkhead connector opening. So I pulled a string from there to across the center of a hole at the far right. I'll assume yours has these same reference points. The string dissected the center of one of the holes around the fan motor flange so I placed a magnet near there to hold the string back against the firewall.
From this I derived that the hole for the fan motor is 3&1/4 diameter with its center being 9 inches from the center of my string reference hole at right.
Center of 3&1/4 hole is 1 inch below the string line.
Whatever else you need can be added.
Hope this helps

Attachments

• firewall at fan.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 94
Thanks i'll get measuring!!!

First, ignore the sharpie markings on this firwall. Those are intended for the a/c addition changes planned for this car.
So the framing square wasn't going to work no way no how. While trying to position it I noticed a < notch cut at the bulkhead connector opening. So I pulled a string from there to across the center of a hole at the far right. I'll assume yours has these same reference points. The string dissected the center of one of the holes around the fan motor flange so I placed a magnet near there to hold the string back against the firewall.
From this I derived that the hole for the fan motor is 3&1/4 diameter with its center being 9 inches from the center of my string reference hole at right.
Center of 3&1/4 hole is 1 inch below the string line.
Whatever else you need can be added.
Hope this helps

-
Back