AC under hood hose routing

-

my68barracuda

Reaction score
Finishing up the Classic Air AC install on the 68 Barracuda. Heater hoses running across the top of the motor never bothered me, but I would like to route the AC hoses so they are mostly hidden.
My thought is to route them to the passenger side wheel well, just out of the firewall. Plan to mount the dryer also inside the wheel well.From there one hose through the radiator support and to the condenser. The second along the inside radiator bottom then up to the compressor. The last one from the compressor, the down also along side the inside radiator bottom and to the top condenser fitting.
For those that have done similar, comments and photos welcome.

Finishing up the Classic Air AC install on the 68 Barracuda. Heater hoses running across the top of the motor never bothered me, but I would like to route the AC hoses so they are mostly hidden.
My thought is to route them to the passenger side wheel well, just out of the firewall. Plan to mount the dryer also inside the wheel well.From there one hose through the radiator support and to the condenser. The second along the inside radiator bottom then up to the compressor. The last one from the compressor, the down also along side the inside radiator bottom and to the top condenser fitting.
For those that have done similar, comments and photos welcome.
On the heating and cooling section look up AC guinea pig.. I did that... Probably page 7 and 8 have what you're looking for....

Last edited:
My idea is to rout them both to the pass side and leave hoses long enough for future engine swaps without having to evacuate and unhook the hoses.

-
Back