accident at work

-

ducter

Reaction score
Thursday started as any other day only we were helping a tree company remove a few trees from a yard we were going to turn into a driveway.

Four of us were on the rope pulling the tree so it would fall away from the house. As the tree fell the limbs hit another tree that was dead, the top of that tree fell from about 30 foot in about a 10 foot section and landed on my brother in laws head. He actually compressed into the ground and bounced back up and just fell to the ground. I thought he was dead, he had a gash on the top of his head,was bleeding pretty bad, unconscious and unresponsive. I immediately called 911,end result was a broken neck, 5 fractured vertebrae.

They did a ton of xrays and scans and said no reason he should be alive because one of the vertebrae clipped his carotid artery and he should have died on the spot. He will be recovering for a while but he is alive. Drs said they don't know how... yeah, I do. God.

Whoa!! Prayers sent for a speedy recovery!

Prayers for him to recover completely and for strength for the family. God is with us at all times.

That will make you a believer. Prayers sent to your brother inlaw for quick and full recovery. Bill

Wow! That's incredible. Glad he's still alive and kicking. Hoping for a full recovery.

That sucks man.
I have done a lot of tree removals and it is pretty dangerous stuff.
Especially when you have to pull them.
Hope he gets better real soon.

I will be praying for the best possible recovery for your brother in law..... as I don't like to hear of bad tree stories myself, cause I've had a few close calls too. Prayers sent! :prayer::prayer:

Thank God he's alive. That exact story is the cause of many deaths. Even a 1" branch falling from up high can kill. Dead tops sometimes explode and rain down death.

It was as pretty bad, honesty shows how little we actually are. After the firetrucks and ambulance left, the tree guys, obviously my brother in law and the rest of our guys, shut our equipment down I was the last one on the job, it was a wooded yard secluded and set back from the road an eerie kind of silence set in after the chaos. The trees, yard, dirt and myself all that remained and time just continued on as nothing had happened. Just odd.

That's terrible.Prayers sent for recovery and some kinda of way some money while in recovery!

Prayers sent your way. Tree work is dangerous. No two ways about it.

wow hope everyone else is ok and a speedy recovery!

Those tree's are dangerous, im not sure if we as humans truly misjudge how tall they are or what. when i was little my dad and uncle were falling a tree for fire wood and they backed the truck to where they thought the tree would fall, AND then moved the truck another 10ft so it wouldn't hit it... wouldn't you know that damn tree went right thru the camper shell's back window.

I have a friend who does it for a living. He always uses a rope length to pull on the tree TWICE the length that the tree is tall. He's still had a close call or two.

He experienced his miracle! God is good and is with us at all times. Prayers sent and wishing a speed recovery!

I'd be more impressed by the supernatural
if he'd been missed altogether.

Hope he gets some skilled doctors and his recovery
is swift and complete.

I hope he's ok. I did tree work for a long time and saw more then my share of accidents which is why I stopped doing it. Do you work for the tree company or did you hire them ?

-
Back