Acclaim wheels on an A-body?

-
I think there was a thread about these about a year ago. Not exactly a 4" bolt pattern from what I remember...wasent it metric? And from tests and studies, NOT SAFE??? Also, those came from FWD vehicles. I dont think the offset and backspace will be usable on our RWD cars.....maybe someone else can chime in with the specifics. I can only remember bits and pieces........

I tried some 14x6 alloy wheels from my 93 ranger on the duster and they were ok on the back but were dragging on the calipers, I guess the aluminum has to be thicker than the stock steel ones. not to mention that they were 14's. they also had about 3.5 BS. I wouldn't want to try to "walk" the holes on an alloy wheel, even I think thats unsafe and I've done some stupid things. :)

I think there was a thread about these about a year ago. Not exactly a 4" bolt pattern from what I remember...wasent it metric? And from tests and studies, NOT SAFE??? Also, those came from FWD vehicles. I dont think the offset and backspace will be usable on our RWD cars.....maybe someone else can chime in with the specifics. I can only remember bits and pieces........

yes, front wheel drive rims are 5 X 100 mm, very close to 4" but could braek wheel studs.

Keith is right that they will not work. My daily driver is an Acclaim and one day for the hell of it I tried to bolt on my centerlines of my Valiant to the Acclaim and the bolt pattern is just enough off it won't work.

Chuck

I guess 4" bc is actually 101.6 mm, which would throw off things just enough to render them useless. What a shame!

I did try the alum wheels off the wifes 01 Grand caravan on my dart for sh1ts and giggles. They looked pretty good. I have a b-body 8 3/4 rear. only done it for a few minuates and I cant remember how close it was to the lip. Heck I may have to try that again and get some pics.

I did try the alum wheels off the wifes 01 Grand caravan on my dart for sh1ts and giggles. They looked pretty good. I have a b-body 8 3/4 rear. only done it for a few minuates and I cant remember how close it was to the lip. Heck I may have to try that again and get some pics.
yea your 01 Caravan wil be the 4.5 pattern and should work if the offset is ok. I tries wheels from my wifes 96 Avenger and they worked ok on my 65 Cuda.

yea your 01 Caravan wil be the 4.5 pattern and should work if the offset is ok. I tries wheels from my wifes 96 Avenger and they worked ok on my 65 Cuda.

Actually just like the 100mm Acclaim bolt circle the Caravan & Avenger bolt circle is 115mm, very close to 4.5" but not exact.

Actually just like the 100mm Acclaim bolt circle the Caravan & Avenger bolt circle is 115mm, very close to 4.5" but not exact.
Nope the caravan is 4.5 or 114.3 mm. Only the new Chryslers are the 115 mm like the 300 and Charger. I broke one of the studs on my Cuda when I tried to put on a 06 Charger wheel because I thought it was 4.5 so I really researched it.

Well I am not going to say no way since Chrysler has done odd things over the years but considering every other fastener on a Caravan is metric I can't see why they would not be metric on the wheels. Also the early Caravans had 5 on 100mm, it was not un common to see people mounting Dyatona Alumium wheels on them.

FWIW, my 97 Avenger had 5 on 115mm wheels.

Well I am not going to say no way since Chrysler has done odd things over the years but considering every other fastener on a Caravan is metric I can't see why they would not be metric on the wheels. Also the early Caravans had 5 on 100mm, it was not un common to see people mounting Dyatona Alumium wheels on them.

FWIW, my 97 Avenger had 5 on 115mm wheels.

Nope , the 97 Avenger is 114.3 just like my 96 Avenger. The thing is if get your tape measure out it looks like it is 115, but actually is 4.5 or 114.3. (a lot of Honda's and Mitsu uses this same bolt pattern as well)
But you are right the old Caravans were 5 on 100, like the cars.
The 115 bolt pattern came in when the 300 and Magnum and Charger came out. They got it from the Daimler side of the house.

1997 Dodge Avenger
Diameter: <ALL>
Bolt Pattern: 5/114.3

From www.1010tires.com

Nope the caravan is 4.5 or 114.3 mm. Only the new Chryslers are the 115 mm like the 300 and Charger. I broke one of the studs on my Cuda when I tried to put on a 06 Charger wheel because I thought it was 4.5 so I really researched it.

ya its a bummer they make the patterns so close 5x4 is close to 5x100 not enough though, why couldnt they just make them 101.3 or as stated above. and Keith is correct its really 5x114.3 not 115.

-
Back