Accurate Exhaust Products?

-

DartSportDude

Old school A-body owner
Reaction score
Anyone here installed an exhaust system from Accurate Exhaust Products (Roseburg, Oregon)? They sell mostly factory replacement exhaust products, all for Mopars. I spoke to the owner, and he seems very knowledgeable. I'm debating whether to go with one of Accurate's systems (since my car is 100% stock) or a TTI system (which is more performance-oriented, but not so stock in appearance).

Thanks

I have an Accurate exhaust system on my barracuda and it fit well. I have a 340 2.25 inch duel system. Bob

I highly recommend Accurate LTD and have their 2.5" tailpipes and A-body tips on my Duster but I made my own headpipes. Tom is a very nice person to deal with also. I believe if you mention Moparts or are a member you get 10% off. My built 340-4spd breathes just fine through their pipes and Dynomax Ultraflow mufflers.

If your car is 100% stock I'd go with Accurate LTD as TTI's uses a different mounting setup. The hanger is welded on the tailpipe not the tip so it's not factory looking.

Your pocketbook will like you more if you go with them over TTI too!:toothy7:

Guys:

Thanks for the info. I think you've helped me make up my mind. My car is almost entirely original and 100% numbers matching (except for the tires/wheels), so I'd really like to stay with a factory look. It still have the original head and tail pipes, and they're getting kind of old and crusty.

I need to check the exhaust manifold casting numbers for my 73 340. According to the Accurate website, the casting numbers for my model are driver side: 3614368 and passenger side: 3418623. But according to the Mymoparts.com website, the driver side casting number is 3614395. That makes me wonder if Accurate has a system that will fit my vehicle.

I bought a TTI setup for stock manifolds and it fit like total crap. The driver's side head pipe when bolted to the stock manifold was up against the transmission. I mean SMASHED up against the transmission. Since there's no way the stock 340 manifold/engine/727 could have been "misalligned", it was poor craftsmanship on their part. I called TTI and told them about it,and they said they make no mistakes and I was SOL if I couldn't make it work. If I had headers, I think that the rest of the system would have been adequate, but nowhere close to the quality it should have been for the price they charge.

I've never heard anything but good stuff from Tom at Accurate. I was originally planning on buying my stuff from him, but he told me that he doesn't make A Body H pipes anymore, and suggested I buy from TTI. I wish I hadn't. $600+ for a system I hate. For that price and their hype, I shouldn't have to modify a thing to make it fit. As far as I'm concerned, TTI sucks, theiur customer service sucks, and I'll let anyone I can know what I think of them.

I have the Accurate LTD tailpipes on my #s matching 73 340 Dart Sport. They fit like a glove.

I bought an entire exhaust system from Accurate for my 67 Barracuda with 273 and stock manifolds. I chose their single exhaust system and it fit perfectly. It took less than an hour to install from start to finish and everything came with it. It sounds great too! I would highly recommend them.

-
Back