Accurate Exhaust

-

eekvonzipper

My Member is Legendary!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these Early A Exhaust from Accurate?
Does Anyone know the difference between the Performance and Hi-Po choices?
Here's a Link to what I'm looking at... A Body Y-Pipe with Intermediate Pipe (Set)-Y-Pipes

Also considering Waldrons? 1965-67 Plymouth Barracuda V8 273ci 4 BBL Carburetor Single Exhaust w/Resonator Eliminator Pipe
Looking to scrap the Home-made Dual Exhaust and replace with a Commando Style.
Which Way should I go?

20230506_232543.jpg

Here's a Link to what I'm looking at... A Body Y-Pipe with Intermediate Pipe (Set)-Y-Pipes

Also considering Waldrons? 1965-67 Plymouth Barracuda V8 273ci 4 BBL Carburetor Single Exhaust w/Resonator Eliminator Pipe
Which Way should I go?

View attachment 1716204285
Not sure if you have seen this.. earlier in the vid he goes through what he did for exhaust.. not sure if it will help but worth a watch. Easily my favorite exhaust of all time...

i'm doing a single 3" on my car with cutouts (maybe)

I ordered the Commando - opps Charger 273 - complete - Y pipe, intermediate pipe, looks like a straight throgh muffler, over the axle pipe snd reproduction resonator from Waldrons. I checked the fit of the Y pipe and it bolted to the Stock manifolds perfectly. If you wanted they would cut the intermediate pipe to save on shipping. I wanted the full length pipe to avoid doing on any welding. They told me it would take several months due to supply issues

I believe Accurate has nice original style exhaust-reproduction, but if you want performance you would be better off buying a Mandrel Bent exhaust system from somebody like TTi etc.

Which Way should I go?

View attachment 1716204285
I bought an accurate kit for my sons 72 dart and it fit very well. I thought it was way better than going to an exhaust shop. At the time I went to Roseburg to see his facility. Everything is built on a jig and he has the chassis sitting there in the yard for his R&D. good company.

Accurate isn't mandrel bent?
I believe Accurate has nice original style exhaust-reproduction, but if you want performance you would be better off buying a Mandrel Bent exhaust system from somebody like TTi etc.

Not sure if you have seen this.. earlier in the vid he goes through what he did for exhaust.. not sure if it will help but worth a watch. Easily my favorite exhaust of all time...

The 3.09 1st gear helps.

I have the complete Accurate system, with straight thru muffler and resonator on the 66 Formula S, sounds great. I have the Waldrons system for the 67 and 68 Barracudas. I went with Waldrons because they offered the system in stainless steel. I intend to keep my cars as long as I live and pass them on to children. I love the sound of the original HP MOPAR exhaust. Either way you go they both sound great cruising or running flat out.

Fwiw, I have installed just one Accurate system. It was on a 69 340 Swinger. The fit was outstanding! Although it's not mandrel bent, it's not that shitty accordian bent look either. Factory exhaust isn't mandrel bent either. I would suggest or buy myself for resto purposes.

I bought a Waldron exhaust with their mufflers about 5 years ago. It fit great and I like the sound. It was about half the price of Accurate. I would do business with them again. Seems like there was a couple month flow time.

Back when these cars were built, mandrel bent exhaust systems were a pipe dream. It was much less expensive to bend the OEM pipes the old fashioned way.

Mandrel Bent pipe is so superior, if you want the best performance it's not even close. Also, tti fitment is amazing!

I don't see any A Bodies listed on their site.
I bought a Waldron exhaust with their mufflers about 5 years ago. It fit great and I like the sound. It was about half the price of Accurate. I would do business with them again. Seems like there was a couple month flow time.

Mandrel bent keeps the OD of the pipe through the curve

OEM bend crushes the inside of the pipe

Screenshot_20240209-180307.png

Waldrons is 10-12 weeks out and Accurate looks like they can Ship right away...
I still can't tell the difference between the Hi-Po and Performance sets on Accurates site

-
Back