Adapting E-body Pistol Grip

-

bbab3

Reaction score
I made a simple adapter for an E-body pistol grip shifter handle to use on my '67 Barracuda. I have done this before on a '68 340 Formula-s use to own. This one is fabricated from a 1/4" X 2" flat bar stock, and the angle that works best fo me is 33 degrees. I am aware of how most prefer the B-body non-console shifters. I simply had the E-body shifter and $16 for the bar stock an 30 minutes of work made more sense.
1F1DB1D5-0D3E-4AC3-B0FB-9909B36973D4.jpeg
65C7E2F0-BC82-43BF-B972-BB472B139177.jpeg

Last edited:
My question is “why?”

My 72 Demon has a e body pistol grip handle for years just drop right in.

I made a simple adapter for an E-body pistol grip shifter handle to use on my '67 Barracuda. I have done this before on a '68 340 Formula-s use to own. This one is fabricated from a 1/4" X 2" flat bar stock, and the angle that works best fo me is 33 degrees. I am aware of how most prefer the B-body non-console shifters. I simply had the E-body shifter and $16 for the bar stock an 30 minutes of work made more sense.
View attachment 1715782886 View attachment 1715782887
Is the lever in neutral in this picture?

I built my own handle and started with the E-Body shape and length to start when I was doing cardboard mockups. Felt too far away for me so I could see why you would extend it like you did. Nice job.

In the end, mine didn't work without some bends to get it way from my leg. No issues with yours?

Yes it is in neutral in the picture above. It doesn't interfere for my leg, probably due to the seat bolsters on the Rally xl seats I am using. The seat adapters from Procar definitely needed to be modified for them to work for me, being 6' 7" and 250#. A member did request the dimensions, I will post it later today.

Last edited:
Yes it is in neutral in the picture above. It doesn't interfere for my leg proble due to the seat bolsters on the Rally xl seats I am using. The seat adapters from Procar definably needed to be modified for the to work for me, being 6' 7" and 250#. A member did request the dimensions, I will post it later today.
Looks perfect then, great job.

View attachment 1715782886 View attachment 1715782887
Did you happen to take any measurements on the adapter?
I have an extra pistol grip I was going to put in my Duster, I remember years ago I put one in another Duster I had and it was un-comfortable, sitting too far forward and low, I had to reach for it.

image.jpeg
Here's a rudimentary drawing of the adapter I fabricated out of 2" wide 1/4" flat bar stock. Hope this helps. The 142 degrees angle is what works for me. I cut and drilled the long section plus drilled one hole for the shifter handle and adjusted it for the best fit. Also if it is to close to your leg, spacers made from the bar stock could give a little room. When I have the seats reinstalled I will post pictures of the shifter from the drivers seat.

Hopefully these photos give a better idea of the shifter handle to the seat.

• 9ADE5434-6AF9-4DCF-A62B-DB0442A92AE0.jpeg
    6AC13288-85AA-4043-8212-833F59E8E68F.jpeg

-
Back