Adapting Weber carb to slant-6

-

/sixchall

Reaction score
would any of you slanters have any knowledge of running a Weber 38DGES on a slant-6. Adapting it to a super six intake. Basically how it acts for street driving and what is needed to properly hook it up. Am thinking of this change instead of 2bbl BBD, or Holly 2 throat. So any opinions or help. Thanks Al

I would be interested as well . Maybe , also, a 4.0l Jeep . I have access to a machine shop and could fabricate intake for inlines .

would any of you slanters have any knowledge of running a Weber 38DGES on a slant-6. Adapting it to a super six intake. Basically how it acts for street driving and what is needed to properly hook it up. Am thinking of this change instead of 2bbl BBD, or Holly 2 throat. So any opinions or help. Thanks Al
The engineering for running a Weber carb on a /6 is pretty much the same as any other carburetor. The Jeepers have been doing this sort of thing for quite a while. Maybe a few will pipe up with their carb comparisons on the 4.0L. ( Weber Carburetor Conversion for Jeep Vehicles ) Make sure there is clearance for the throttle blades and linkages. Lokar and Bouchillon Performance make AT kickdown cable kits if required. IIRC the DGES should act like a 380 cfm 2 bbl. The big difference is that the throttle blades on the Weber do not share a common throttle shaft like a BBD or just about any other domestic 2 bbl you could name. I was about to pull the trigger on a 32/36 DGEV myself until a 390 cfm Holley showed up on an AussieSpeed manifold.

i did this on my 64 wielded my own bracket linkage car would idle at 400 rpms quite as a mouse. ran it for about a month then the welds broke off the linkage. i used the jeep adapter plate bolted right on

-
Back