Added a front sway bar

-

ragtopfury

Reaction score
So 12 years ago when I was finishing up the Fury, I parted out a 69 Fury 383 car that had the factory front sway bar. At that time, my suspension and small block were done and I was getting ready for paint. As time flies with everyday life, I finally got around to doing what I should have done back then - I made mounting brackets and welded them to the frame, got new bushings, and installed the sway bar on the front of my ragtop. The ends of the factory bar clamp to the strut bars right in front of where they attach to the LCA's, so no need to make a bracket there. (thought I was gonna say put the 383 in didn't you? lol) Haven't driven it yet, but just bouncing one front corner by hand in the garage seems a lot stiffer than it was - planning on a test run tomorrow evening to see if I feel a real difference in body roll while turning starboard and port in the big ole barge....lol

This is the 11th year that the car has been on the road, so I gave it a long over due once over. Pulled all 4 wheels - all looks real good except for 1 wheel bearing. Got the good, reinforced, pan gasket and selector shaft seal for the 727 that has been leaking for a few years. Also pulled the steering box and put a seal/o ring kit in it to seal up the leaks that have been there for a couple of years......

Come on Spring!!!

-
Back