Added a sway bar today pics

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
This weekend I bought a factory 70 A-Body sway bar from a guy for $25.00.I know it is probably not as good (beefy) as some of the after market bars out there,but I like the factory fit and the price was right.I took some pics for those of you without the factory lower control arm with the sway bar mount.(Those lower arms are fetching over $200.00 a pair :butthead: )I fabbed these brackets up,some of the suspension supliers have them as well.The car feels much more secure now all around.Hope this helps someone.

John

Picture 231.jpg

Picture 232.jpg

Picture 235.jpg

Picture 237.jpg

looks pretty freakin good man..

nice ride now i guess huh?

id love to install something like that..but in the rear so the front will dive into corners.. and teh rear will stay tall and stiff..

Cerwin

Nice job John. Sweet price too...amazing. Looks just like the one I let go recently. Know anybody who has a proportioning/distribution block for cheap?

Thanks Dave and others,
A guy in our club had this lying around in his garage,also picked up a set of hooker headers from him.Gota love the sweet deals.

I saw that you were looking for a dist block,I have seen them on the bay.Have you been to the sun valley pick a part ?

I might be going tomorrow,I will take a look for you.
Refresh my memory,are you going to a dual master/disc up front conversion?

Cerwin,from everything I have read if you were going to only have one bar you would want the front,and most of those prefer the front bar only on the a-bodys. :thumbup:

Thanks alot,

The one obvious thing that I should point out is to use some pardon the pund heavy metal.I cant remember the gauge,but the metal is 1 1/4" wide.Heat it and bend it in the vise to a L shape.

Your right with all the things i intend to do to this car i will need it on teh front rather the rear.. i was a idea from a long time ago that i was wanting to do with a previous car.

Job well done, word of advise: Keep an eye on those shock bolts for the first 500 miles. I had troubles with the nuts not wanting to stay put, I think because of the end link L bracket walks a little while driving and causes the nut to loosen. The fix is to put a good tack weld along the bottom edge at least. In the location noted by my mods to your picture.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8567&stc=1.jpg

lower shock mount and sway bar link mount.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=8567&stc=1.jpg

-
Back