adding power brakes to big block fish HELP!

-

cys68

Reaction score
5 years ago i did a wilwood front disc conversion and their non power brake master. Honestly the car stops like garbage. I didnt want to run power for one reason: the space. I have a 383 so there isnt much extra room. So guys anyone pull this off? I don't care if I have to run a vacuum pump, hydroboost or a gm booster...Whatever works thats tried, true and proven is good for me!

I was looking into this:
http://www.mpbrakes.com/products/product-detail.cfm?product_id=766

power booster won't make it stop better. your foot will just be a liitle less tired when you hit something.
you need to figure out why it doesn't stop so good. to hard or soft of pad from wilwood? what exactly is "stops like garbage"? from 50 mph how far does it take and how many hard stops can you do before they fade? just when they're cold or just hot? are you locking the rears way early or not at all?

power booster won't make it stop better. your foot will just be a liitle less tired when you hit something.
you need to figure out why it doesn't stop so good. to hard or soft of pad from wilwood? what exactly is "stops like garbage"? from 50 mph how far does it take and how many hard stops can you do before they fade? just when they're cold or just hot? are you locking the rears way early or not at all?

My son said the same thing to me kursplat, he did a little research over the wekend and found out that i stil have a 4wheel drum metering valve in the car. Looks like were gonna start there

My son said the same thing to me kursplat, he did a little research over the wekend and found out that i stil have a 4wheel drum metering valve in the car. Looks like were gonna start there
ya, a portioning valve out of a disk brake car would help. might even want to go to an adjustable one if the wilwood brakes are much larger than a set of stockers.
if you get a used one from a disk brake car make a sketch of what ports go to which brakes. you think it's bad now, swap the front port with the rear and it really won't stop

good luck

hey,i too am in question,have a 74 dart set up in my 68 cuda,stops on a dime i want to put in a 383 but i think the diameter of my booster is too large,plenty of room to extend,,,,,how about a smaller diameter dual booster

-
Back