Addition and Subtraction Pics included

-

OwdKasd

Reaction score
I got a steal on a 340 Air Cleaner setup. Someone had spray painted over the Decal so I just stripped the paint off. Looks pretty cool for +/- 40 years old. I had to lose the Bumperettes front and back to make up for the extra weight. I like the look better.

DSC00496.jpg
DSC00499.jpg

I know. I've been wanting to take them off but wanted to stay stock also. Well I can just keep them on a shelf.

I know. I've been wanting to take them off but wanted to stay stock also. Well I can just keep them on a shelf.

Yup, and put a couple of carriage bolts in those empty holes. That's what I did to plug the holes.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 192
I don't even know if you can get chrome ones, I wouldn't be surprised there are some available, Fastenal maybe. I just got regular carriage bolts and filed the marks off and put them in.

when you going to paint that engine bay Gerry ? :D :banghead: :protest: :D LOL just imagine how cool that orange air cleaner would look in a sea of green ...lol

when you going to paint that engine bay Gerry ? :D :banghead: :protest: :D LOL just imagine how cool that orange air cleaner would look in a sea of green ...lol
Soon. I was waiting to do it with engine out but I'm not ready to pull engine yet. I know She'll look sweet once I do. I guess I can try to paint it with engine in.

And get that plastic filter outta there. :poke: I couldn't resist.
You're right on that. I was having some fuel issues where it seemed to be leaking down. Seems fixed with the Carburetor change so I will swap it out for a steel one now.

You're right on that. I was having some fuel issues where it seemed to be leaking down. Seems fixed with the Carburetor change so I will swap it out for a steel one now.

Haha, it was a poke at Lance, I'm always buggin him about his. I personally think they can be dangerous, I have seen them break.

Haha, it was a poke at Lance, I'm always buggin him about his. I personally think they can be dangerous, I have seen them break.
Yep. They're dangerous. I just had it for diagnostic reasons but it's time to get it out of there.

lol , mine is starting to turn yellow now, so its almost time for the steel one , i will post a pic just for you Bruce ... ROTFL

-
Back