adjusting lokar kickdown

-

68 A

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I put a thread up about 2 monthes ago about my transmission braking in 2nd gear. Called Cope transmissions and he told me to check the adjustment of the lokar kickdown cable. He said he's never liked them. This is the first thing i will check (finally getting around to it). The first thing that i noticed when looking at it is there is a little bit of slack on the cable when the car is sitting turned off, with no pressure on the throttle. Is this supposed to be tight? I wouldn't think there should be any pressure on it, but the slack may be a sign of misadjustment.

His second suggestion for the tranny was to check the screen, something may be in it.

Thanks

STeve

there should be some slack with no throttle pressure. to "set" it, hold the carb at WOT and set the cable end so that at WOT there is no slack at all with full pressure on the kickdown lever. its easier if you have someone sit in the car and do the pedal-mashing, leaves both hands to work on the cable. i have one in my 64 and it works great. there was NO way mechanical kickdown linkage was gonna fit for my v-8 swap so it was the only option but i think it works perfectly.
-tim

-
Back