Adjusting play in steering box

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
I tried to find the thread in which it breaks down how to adjust the play out of a power steering box but I couldn't find it. if anyone out here knows of the process of adjusting the steering box or can post a link to the original thread, I would appreaciate any help on this. I need to adjust my steering as there is some play in the wheel. Thanks in advance.

I tried to find the thread in which it breaks down how to adjust the play out of a power steering box but I couldn't find it. if anyone out here knows of the process of adjusting the steering box or can post a link to the original thread, I would appreaciate any help on this. I need to adjust my steering as there is some play in the wheel. Thanks in advance.

There is a certain amount of play in the wheel with power steering. As long as it's not real sloppy when the engine is running, it's probably ok. My steering wheel slops about 4-5" when engine is off. When running, it tightens right up.

I am interested in this also. My steering wheel has play and even when running it doesn't tighten up.

-
Back