Adopting a U.S. Soldier

-
Here I go :cheers: I am so happy this was brought to my attention :read2:
I have a new hobby know :cheers: Thank you for posting this up 8)

Still more Soldiers are signing up to be adopted...anyone who hasn't heard about this organization, check them out. Thanks going out to the FABO members who have already joined.

And I get this in my E-box. :salut:

From AAUSA;

"Hi there fellow supporters!

We've had a bunch of soldiers sign up today. If you have the time and energy for another one please let us know.

Thank you again for supporting our United States deployed troops.

Without such great supporters like you we couldn't do what do do!

Adopt A US Soldier Admin Team"

Way cool, I'm so looking forward to thanking these hero's, one on one,
Though I don't think I'll be sending anything lavender scented, maybe old spice instead.

To the Original poster (OP) Thanks for bringing this to our attention!!

My forefathers fought in the original revolution, I wasn't called, by passion or draft. Forgive me.
My father (USN sparky, Korea) and my grandfather (USN Commander, lifer, died at his desk after his tours at sea) Bless his sole. Dad never spoke of his tour, accept the funny parts, same with grandma. I do remember some stories from my mom (RIP) about Pearl in 12/07/45, amazing like Mars!

I digress, soon as I try out this situation, I'll most likely go for another!!:salut:

LCjeff

Bump for Independence Day weekend. Since adopting a Soldier last December I can report that it has been a rewarding experience and takes little effort. The organization was started by a young soldier's mom and is 100% by voluteers...go online and check it out.

Wow that truly is touching. Glad to see that there are people still thinking of the soldiers even though it isn't in the headlines as much these days. Thank you.

What a great way to celebrate the July 4th holiday by adopting a soldier. I have adopted 2 soldiers as of now and am considering a third!!! Come on everyone, these guys and gals are the reason you and I are free. lets support them all we can!!!

My soldier just came home for a short time,my wife & daughter took him & his mom out to lunch in the city:eek:ccasion:

Unfortunately I lost touch with my guy (see post 20). I wrote a half dozen times but never heard back. I hope nothing happened to him but I am concerned because no matter where he is he should still have his e-mail address. I still have the stocking hats waiting to ship. I guess I should adopt another patriot protecting the US.

Jim

My wife has adopted a Marine almost a year ago:cheers:All my old Mopar,hotrod,hemmings and what noy have been sent to Afganistan!!!

That's a great idea!! I just toss mine out when I'm through. Not anymore... I'm joining up:toothy7:

Unfortunately I lost touch with my guy (see post 20). I wrote a half dozen times but never heard back. I hope nothing happened to him but I am concerned because no matter where he is he should still have his e-mail address. I still have the stocking hats waiting to ship. I guess I should adopt another patriot protecting the US.

Jim

Keep writing snail mail to him. He may have been relocated someplace without internet or with very limited access. P.M. sent.

My soldier just came home for a short time,my wife & daughter took him & his mom out to lunch in the city:eek:ccasion:

Very cool. I have what they call a "Silent Soldier," I haven't heard from him, in fact when a soldier signs up they are told they are under no obligation whatsoever. After all they are fighting a war, they have enough on their plate. I kinda like the idea of helping a stranger. I figure whatever free time he has I would rather him spend staying in touch with his wife and kids than being in touch with me.

Yes this is very true. I just got back from Afghan from a yr tour and it really sucks seeing everyone else get letters and packages and you get nothing. Getting a letter or anything at mail cell does put smiles on are faces. I've seen in first hand :eek:ccasion:

Yes this is very true. I just got back from Afghan from a yr tour and it really sucks seeing everyone else get letters and packages and you get nothing. Getting a letter or anything at mail cell does put smiles on are faces. I've seen in first hand :eek:ccasion:
Figured this would be a good time to bump this thread. Thank you to all who serve now or have in the past.

Adoptaussoldier.org is truly a great organization. To any FABO member who is deployed now, please check it out, there are people who would be honored to give you whatever support they can. The Soldier I adopted last December is home safe now.

Putting the word out this Veteran's Day about this worthy organization...adoptaussoldier.org. For more info please read previous postings in this thread.

Bringing this up for any new FABO members who may be looking for a way to help our troops. Yes the war is officialy over in Iraq but our military personnel are still serving in difficult conditions in Afghanistan and other places.

Wishing our troops a Happy Easter and putting this thread out there for any members who may not have heard about this organization.

-
Back