Advice On Wheels.....

-

68SRVIVR

Rick/'68 Barracuda 340-S
Reaction score
Just bought A '68 Barracuda Formula 340-S.
Non-resto survivor.
Want to keep orig.wheels,
but want to get a set of Cragar S/S
with possibly Goodrich Redline Radials.
What woud be correct front/rear setup
for this car?
Want to look beefy, but not too crazy.
Photos are of car before it shipped from Denver.
It now resides In L.I., NY.

Thanks for help.

'68-1.jpg

'68-2.jpg

Nice car and welcome aboard ! I had a 255-60-15 on the back of my Barracuda that fit well without being really big.As for the front I think a 225-60-15 is as big as will fit. 15X7s up front 15X8 in the rear. The problem is going to be finding the small bolt patern Cragars. They were discontinued in the last few years.

I think it will depends on the size of the cragars you get. (backspacing ect). I think 5x4 are hard to find. I have a 69 Signet with the 70s Cragars and BF Goodrich tires. The rims are 7" wide...can't remember the backspacing, but were concidered a deep dish.
Front P125/60R/14
Rear P145/60R/14 (As wide as I could go) but you have a higher wheel well fender)

Check out my link below if you wish to see them.

I've got 275/60/15 on 15x8.5 with 4.75 backspace on my 69 notchback cuda.They're big,it's tight but they fit nice and snug!!!!

All original, no rust, never restored.
Originally a south CA. car.
I couldn't believe it either, but the seller sent a ton of (hi-res) photos.
I am 4th owner.
Still can't believe I bought a car via the internet!

Thanks, Rick

Rick, that car is truly amazing, it looks like it was hermetically sealed! Congratulations on your new acquisition. I think it`s great just like she sits, but if you want to dress it up the guys here were saying that Cragar is doing a run of the small bc wheels. 14 x 6`s with 205/14-70`s all the way around would be a nice cruising tire.

Longgone said:
Rick, that car is truly amazing, it looks like it was hermetically sealed! Congratulations on your new acquisition. I think it`s great just like she sits, but if you want to dress it up the guys here were saying that Cragar is doing a run of the small bc wheels. 14 x 6`s with 205/14-70`s all the way around would be a nice cruising tire.

for 14" wheels I think a 215-70-14 looks best. It has the right side wall height to make it look like it belongs there. Thye are about 26" tall.

-
Back