advise on E30 ethanol

-

wireweld

Reaction score
Anyone know about E30. I built an engine last year to run on 93 octane, but it is getting hard to find without driving 50 miles. But we have blender pumps here that dispense e10,30, 50 or 85.
i would like to run this engine on E30. Here are my specs.
hughes cnc ported eddy
10.5 cr
comp cams xr286r 248/254 @ .050
.600/.614 lift
110 cl 106 installed
solid roller
My fuel system will handle the increase in fuel so no worries there.
How will this engine perform or will I have to change a few things.
It dynoed at 575 hp and 550 tq on gas.
All advise is appreciated. I know I should go to E85 but the cost is too much right now.

will your rubber & plastic parts survive the effects of the alcohol? E30 has way less moonshine in it than 85 but is it still enough to mess with rubber and plastic? Good question. E30 is 95 octane so from an octane point you'll be fine. I'd step up a couple of jet sizes and then check if I'm "fat" or "skinny" on my AF ratio. I'd rather be a little fat than skinny, skinny is normally followed by bad stuff happening inside!

I will be using a port efi, so it will be easy to check things. Also, my fuel system is alcohol ready, so no issues there.
I am trying to find out if the e30 is the way to go or if I need to up the cr or if 10.5 is enough.
Also, will the cam be good to go.

I would think if it performed well on 93 octane that going to E30 which is 95 octane shouldn't be a problem being your system is already set up for the corrosive(?) effects of alcohol. I would run it.

Thats a real bumma with the fuel.....here we get E10, E85 ( @ $2.50 a litre ), 91, 95 and 98. I use 98.....$1.50 a litre though.
The E85 is 800km away.....have to order it to get it here though.

-
Back