Advise Wanted: Torque Converter

-

Dart Sport 360

Wanna Race?
Reaction score
Okay.... We want to rethink our converter. Currently we have an ATI unit that was built to our drivetrain specs about 10 years ago. It has been sent back to ATI to be inspected at least once during transmission freshening. Not a whole lot has changed over the years, the biggest change was switching from a tunnel ram to a single dom a couple years ago.

Over the past couple seasons the et's have slowed a bit and I think the mph has fallen off too. We are having the trans gone thru this winter and we're thinking of a converter change.

My options are to stick with ATI and send the core and all our specs and see what they can do or going to a completely different converter like a PTC or something. Again, built off the spec sheet.

High ten second bracket truck.

Who would you go to for a converter?... Do you think there are big advantages going to a certain manufacturer over another or do these guys all know there stuff.

Thanks for any input.

Maybe crackedback (Rob) will chime in. He can give you NAMES to call instead of just companies.

Give Frank Lupo's Dynamic Converters (302-454-9203) a call. Be prepared with all your specs as Sean (think that's his name) will ask a lot of questions.

Continental would be another one to look at. I don't remember the guy I spoke to though.

-
Back