advise

-

prisoncity

Reaction score
hi,

i posted that I am looking for a dodge demon 1971 to either restore or something drivable that I can add and resotre on the way. Long story short my father had a dodge demon original that he bought in 1971. We had it in our family all this time. unfortunately this past year with my dads very bad health and him being bed ridden at 78, a group of workers took advantage of my father and they stole many things out from my fathers house and garage including the car. i am very upset but wanted to try to bring that feeling I had with the Demon back and will help me remember my father. I am not that technical with cars like my father and trying to see where to start. i have a set budget but am tring to figure out if I should buy a demon that runs so I can use it and build the motivation to restore it and what is considered a no no in restoring the car ( custom, change color, motor size etc). i want to make sure i don't kill the value of the car basically. So any advice will halp. and if anyone know of a good MOPAR club in st pete/tampa let me know

Welcome from Madeira Beach. I say unless its a rare vehicle, restore it to your liking. Not sure of any clubs in the area but that doesn't mean there isn't any. Where in St Pete are you?

hey.. my family all live in your neck of the woods. i am always in madeira beach on the weekends. . i am right off 275 and ulmerton. carillon area. i am looking at a few cars but really don't know if a good deal. one is just about fully restored.. of course i could add thing along the way but ready to drive and to enjoy. and some others half way.

sorry about your loss; i lost my father last year and so how was your father duped out of a car my father was in hospice and those folks were wonderful please clarify what you say as caregivers that took everything because i truly dont understand be cause all my family was there

no, sorry what i meant was it was workers that did work around the house and in the house, not the caregivers. they basically ran sacked the home while he was bed ridden and couldn't get help or anything. My mom takes care of my dad. she went to the store which is a block down the street. Apparently they knew my moms routine. they broke into the garage and took he car. I heard from investigators that not only that the freakin idiots chopped the car in pieces and I think sold parts.

I saw this and had to respond... If you are not a "car guy" the best advice I can give you is find a Demon that is DONE or very close to it... If you try to pay people to restore a car you most likely will have more in it than it is worth in this economy... and it will be a frustrating, miserable experience. I've seen it too many times... Just my 2 cents Good Luck and sorry for your loss.

thanks.. it's not that i am not a car guy but i don't have the experience and skills like my father. when I was young he gave me a dart to work on and made me take it apart. And he helped me put things back together and change parts. But that was years ago when i was 14. he was great restoring cars and taking them apart etc... I can do above avg work just rarely have the time. So I agree with you. And most likely if I don't have the time It will just sit there. So i will try to find one already done and anything extra I can work on.

-
Back