AEM EFI starting & tuning (Gen3 426)

-
Yes the IGN1 and IGN2 must be connected together to maintain ignition power on crank and run. In the stock configuration, join the blue and brown wires, known as bypassing the ballast resistor.

Congratulations! What a great break in trip. Must be soooooo nice to have the car back where you live. Again, congrats!

Thanks for the compliments and well wishes; Kit Carson, thanks for verifying the stock wiring layout; and immense thanks to Cuda SRT8 for sending the AEM/Mopar software!! Next time I'm down in the Bay Area, I'll make sure to pay you a visit. It's so great to have a community to lean into when you've exhausted all of your own resources. We're all here for each other.

Your welcome Cruzin. What did you ever find out about tune support for the AEM ECM? I think you mentioned AEM had passed support on to a shop in Southern Cal?

Your welcome Cruzin. What did you ever find out about tune support for the AEM ECM? I think you mentioned AEM had passed support on to a shop in Southern Cal?

I'm still working on that. Yeah, AEM passed support to a 3rd party (see bottom of post #20). But since I'm not having technical issues, I shouldn't need to contact them. I'm going to tinker on tuning myself. Though a professional dyno tune would be ideal, but there aren't any AEM tuners in my area. I've talk to the Cousinamos, father & son are very nice, and they do custom AEM tunes with a lot of experience tuning Hemis, but they're down in So Cal <http://www.entechoil.com/>.

There's a guy in South San Francisco that's pretty good with tuning Hemis. Depending on the car / customer, he knows Diablo Sport and HPP real well. I talked with him about the AEM (a long time ago) and he wasn't concerned about it. Said tuning is tuning, AEM fully programmable is just another venue or avenue for doing so. For that matter, at that time, AEM wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with the MP AEM unit. Told me I had to call MP for any questions. Geez...

-
Back