Aeromotive fuel pump mount location

-

kent spaulding

spauldo
Reaction score
I decided that I would tuck my pump up under my wheel well directly behind passenger side rear seat belt mout to floor. I struggled to find a place for this damn thing that was below my stock sump tank that wasn't an eye sore or in the way of one thing or another.
I called up Aeromotive and gave them illustrated photos and they felt it was fine even though it is about 6" from outlet of sump to inlet of pump in elevation. I ran my filter directly off of the sump and - 10 fuel line to the pump inlet and -8 fuel line from pump outlet to secondary filter then regulator and seperate -6 feeds to the carb from regulator. I drilled a hole in my Transmission crossmember and welded a 1 1/4" SS tube in for the fuel line to pass through giving it a cleaner look and keeping the line up next to floor pan. This did take some American dollars and some time but I do like the end result!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 214
  • 002.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 230
  • 003.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 219
  • 004.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 210
  • 005.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 208
  • 006.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 178
  • 007.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 177
  • 008.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 180
  • 010.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 189
  • 011.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 193
Looks great
Do you run it at the track?If so they don't like fuel lines attached to the firewall.

I won't be running this car on the track, just wanted to hide that pump and run a secondary filter and Aeromotive makes it hard with the size of their components to do this properly. Thank you for the heads up about the track, the secondary filter id mounted to the fire wall via a home made billet aluminum bracket but the braided fuel line does not touch it.

-
Back