Afco aluminum radiator mounting problems..

-

7duce swinger

Reaction score
I just purchased an Afco aluminum radiator. My first problem is that there is no type of mounting brackets at all. My next problem is that my new fan clutch is an 8th of an inch away from the radiator, is that bad, and how far should it be from the radiator? One more thing, i do not want to cut my radiator support,but i also have no other way besides (electric fan) to get it further away from the fan.. Does any body here recommend cutting the rad support just a bit, or has anyone done it in the past? thanks for any replies.

Unless you're already using the shortest (or shorter) fan clutch, that might be an option. A Hayden 2765 clutch is the shortest available. I'd go with 1/2" inch minimum clearance with a shroud.

Attachments

• haydenfan01img_01.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 209
The fanclutch i have, is a torqflo. As of right now, i cut just a little off the rad support, and i have an inch of space. Is that enough space between the radiator and the fan clutch, or is that too much? Also where can i buy a fanshroud, and is a fanshroud something that i actually need? Thanks.......

-
Back