After arket shifter mounting

-

mopowers

Reaction score
Do you guys have any clever ways of mounting your aftermarket shifters to the floor boards so you don't need a helper holding a wrench??

Both times I installed B&M shifters I used large sheet metal screws. Never had an issue.

Similar to the plate method mentioned by junior. Bolts welded inside/through the tunnel. Standoffs for leveling.

drillholes.jpg

shifterstudsimg_01.jpg

Similar to the plate method mentioned by junior. Bolts welded inside/through the tunnel. Standoffs for leveling.

drillholes.jpg

shifterstudsimg_01.jpg

Wow, that looks a lot nicer than anything I ever did. I just bent the shifter to match the floor. I figured it was all covered up by carpet anyway and big sheet metal screws never pulled out.

Sorry buddy forced my son to crawl under there and hold the bolts.

Wow, that looks a lot nicer than anything I ever did. I just bent the shifter to match the floor. I figured it was all covered up by carpet anyway and big sheet metal screws never pulled out.

I guess it really just depends on the style and model of shifter.

shifterinstalled01img_01.jpg

I welded washers to the floor then bolts to the washers. Thought was just to reinforce the floor a little and give me something good to put a little heat in when welding vs just the floor pan. Worked really well I thought, will do it again if I have to mount another. Think I used 1 1/4" bolts and I ran a nut down on them before setting the shifter on so I could level it up.

I welded washers to the floor then bolts to the washers. Thought was just to reinforce the floor a little and give me something good to put a little heat in when welding vs just the floor pan. Worked really well I thought, will do it again if I have to mount another. Think I used 1 1/4" bolts and I ran a nut down on them before setting the shifter on so I could level it up.

Great tips! Thanks

-
Back