-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Rahbani

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I bought on ebay 3 complete original dash clusters. And non of the original fuel gauge worked. And had to put all the clusters in boxes till someone might need them a d give it. Knowing that i also changed the fuel sender with a new one and tested with an ohmmeter and it was working as it should. So at end i decided to make a center dash for all the gauges needed. But unfortunately only the fuel gauge didn't work. Knowing i bought 2 new aftermarket on ebay. And the last third one i added is from a 70 jaguar model. And still it didn't work. Please where i can find a gauge that fit?

20220312_105314.jpg

20220312_103614.jpg

20220312_103454.jpg

20211009_164807.jpg

I bought on ebay 3 complete original dash clusters. And non of the original fuel gauge worked
how are you testing the fuel gauges?

the wiring from sender to gauge should be a follows
( I am not going to quote colors as they differ year to year)

sender has single wire coming off of it that runs to the gauge cluster, there is at least one connector along the way drivers side kick panel IIRC.

The sender ALSO needs to be grounded. Factory used a jumper that clipped on the fuel sender outlet tube and then to the fuel line around the rubber hose that connects the sender to the fuel line.

Once in the dash cluster the sender wire attaches to one side of the fuel gauge the other side of the fuel gauge is connected to the output of the IVR (Instrument Voltage Regulator) the IVR provides about 5 to 6 volts to the gauge

SOME fuel gauges have the IVR built into it (i do not know in your case)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back