Aftermarket 440 6 pack set up

-

Duster Bud

Reaction score
Just wondered what you guys think about the 3 duce intake carb set up that Atlantic Performance is selling for $1300. I don't know why I'm even thinking about it. My engine runs fine with a 4 barrel w/ alum intake. Maybe it's just the idea of having a...440 6pack....I just thought I would ask before I screw up. Thanks, Bud

Why are the carbs different cfm? :scratch: Here is the link that I found them on...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=300061125513&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020

If you can afford it, do it!

That was a dumb question, sorta like asking if I could add 3" to my pecker for $1300, would you do it? :grin:

DUH!

flyboy01 said:

That was a dumb question, sorta like asking if I could add 3" to my pecker for $1300, would you do it? :grin:

DUH!

LOL !!!!!! :headbang:

that price isnt much lower than someother places. then add aircleaner for $200, linkage and fuel line stuff, youre still about the same as a complete package

flyboy01 said:

DUH!

Hey by the way....WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO DO WITH A 13" PECKER? :---)

I'd say that's a damn good price since I've seen that package sell for anywares between 1500-1800 somoles on other sites. I ran a 6 pack once and they can be a real bear getting the 2 outside carbs to open at just the right time and at the correct rate of opening. But once you've got them down they do howl like a pissed off wolf 1350cfm will do that. Music to the ears.

Terry

As long as you're talking about a six pack of beer i'm with you otherwise no.Not knowing your engine specs i have to say there are other ways to spend $1300 and get more bang for your buck.Porting and matching your heads to your intake come to mind.Good luck.

That's the information I was kinda looking for....Mr. DemonSeed.
It's all progressive mechanical linkage, not vacuum. So depending on the rear ratio, rpm and gas pedal advance......does that mean it could over carburate, lose vacuum and fall on it's face? (worst case)

I wonder if that is what happend with the guy who is selling this dual quad set up...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Edel...ryZ36474QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Duster Bud said:
Hey by the way....WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO DO WITH A 13" PECKER? :---)

You must be Candian 'cause they tend to measure things in centimeters. 13cm sounds more like it.

And by the way, thats another dumb question...I thought you would have figured out that one at puberty. :scratch:

Duster Bud said:
That's the information I was kinda looking for....Mr. DemonSeed.
It's all progressive mechanical linkage, not vacuum. So depending on the rear ratio, rpm and gas pedal advance......does that mean it could over carburate, lose vacuum and fall on it's face? (worst case)

I wonder if that is what happend with the guy who is selling this dual quad set up...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Edel...ryZ36474QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sorry duster bud but that 6 pack that's been sold on ebay has the 2 outside carbs vacuum operated. That is the correct system for the stock 440's. If you want to go to full mechanical operation then that's a different story.

Terry

I should have a set of Holley 2300's stored away. 350 cfm center carb & two 500 cfm outboards. All with side hung float bowls, mechanical, not vacuum, opening for the outboard carbs. All brand new, never seen gas. I might sell them if somebody is interested. Haven't really made up my mind. I have to dig them up. They should be somewhere in my Mother's basement.

:burnout:

Thanks Guys,
I think I should wait until I get the 833 master kit installed, the 4 speed back in and drive it for a while. I don't have 25 miles on it since I bought it. It wasn't as good as I was told. Fresh Paint and some chrome add a 440 topped off with a 4 speed....Well I was hooked. I made a lot of changes.
Just trying to learn....Thanks for the help! Bud

Oh...Fly Boy...I live DEEP in the CAVES of the GA Mountains. People say were a little different up here in these parts. I don't no why.

Duster Bud said:
Just wondered what you guys think about the 3 duce intake carb set up that Atlantic Performance is selling for $1300. I don't know why I'm even thinking about it. My engine runs fine with a 4 barrel w/ alum intake. Maybe it's just the idea of having a...440 6pack....I just thought I would ask before I screw up. Thanks, Bud

Why are the carbs different cfm? :scratch: Here is the link that I found them on...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=300061125513&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020

but I think I'll leave well enough alone. THe diff erent cfm is becuase the car runs mostly on the larger carb until you slam it and then everything kicks in.

Back in 69-71 these were almost as much af a ***** to keep tuned as the hemis.

-
Back