Aftermarket Air 69 Dart 340-6pak

-
not sure if the toilet flush thing will make a diff , just a thought!!
If i was you i would put another spacer on the long bolt on the ac compressor so its good , solid and tight , any amount of flex in those brackets may cause issues
Then i would run it around with the air con turned off and disconnect the clutch wire just to be sure and see if the problem is solved .
if all is good with the compressor not running , re connect the clutch wire and see what happens with the ac running .
If it throws the belt then , you can start to investigate an air con problem .
try a new belt on the alternator side and see how it runs , maybe the old belt was on its last legs anyway and if they are on the way out , running an adjustor like yours on the back of the belt might make it fail sooner rather than later.

let us know how you go
cheers
ben

p.s that picture of the belt half off the adjustor is not how it is , is it? if so thats a fail .
Im sure you wouldnt have it like that , would you?

it was initially doing that on my idler/adjustor, but i remade my mounts and its perfectly parallell now.

im hoping the ps/alt belt was just on its last legs. its been on the car since i put the motor in in 2006. i think im going to have the ribs machined off the idler just in case, though. and swap to a notched belt. gove it some more flexiobnility.

the last run from oakboro to home, where i lost both belts, was with the AC off. but the new belt may have already been junk by then.

do you think that my compressor mpount needs further triangulation at the lower front side as well as the solid spacer? when i went down earlier tonight and yanked pretty hard, i swear i felt the compressor moving. or the car was. not really certain.

michael

your adjustor on you compressor is on the rear mount , furthest from the belt, is that right?
If so i would rather see it on the front ear closest to the belt . it only takes some flex in the pump and mounts for things to go wrong . Now you are sure the belt is exactly aligned ? its hard to tell from the pics but from one angle it looks as though the pump may be a fraction too far out still , but like i said its hard to tell
ben

im going to check alignment with the belt tension on it. didnt do that before, and if the compressor is shifting when tensioned, that could be the problem.
i was also thinking about my adjustor as well. i think im going to remake that to the front lower ear, and probably leave the rear one for triangulation as well.
what do you think?
Michael

-
Back