Aftermarket cold air intake

-

A360

Benton
Reaction score
Anyone here installed a cold air intake (underbonnet) through ducting to and through the grill .
Any comments before and after results especially track performance.

Photo's would be appreciated :thumblef:

Cheers

Benton

I don`t recall where I saw it, but I saw a fellow use the dual snorkel air cleaner from an early 70`s Duster and tied in (about) 4 inch flex tubes which were run up just behind the grille.

I have been considering doing up a nice bling set up but after the price of a good bonnet, pipe, and filter, and the fact that I'm not going to show it anytime soon, the gain just isnt there for me. A low dollar one is totally worth the gain in tq, IMO though. Might change my mind once i try to fit the hood on with a 360, air gap intake, 1 inch carb spacer, and a 3 inch filter, eek.

Anyone know where I can get the flex tubes? I want to do the same thing but you all will think I am crazy once you see how I am doing it. I will post pictures of it when I am done building it. I am using the same single snorkel air cleaner from my 318 but with a few twists. I will promise pics of it when I get it done next month.

My buddy used the flex hose and snorkel to his 440 motor home and really liked it. If I remember right he found the hose at the junk yard somewhere, so start poppin hoods.

I thought about doing the same thing myself. I see Dakotas in junkyards and though about getting the bonnet from one but instead of using a flex hose (which air don't flow all that good through) use large diameter thin wall hydraulic return hose (or something similiar) for the intake hose. It's a little pricey (about 3-4 bucks per foot) but if you really want it to flow good and it looks good it's the way to go. Run it up through the core support and attach it to a Good flowing cone filter.

-
Back