Aftermarket Dash Wiring

-

74dust360

Reaction score
OK - over the weekend I pulled the harness from my 74 Duster - a rat's nest of wires cut and tied outside of the standard plugs. Not looking to pay Y/O prices, so what are the options for aftermarket. I'm aware of Painless and Ron Francis - are there others? What has been your experience?

Go ahead and pay Year One, it`s worth the trouble and headache you`ll save when you can simply plug in and go. I bought one from them and I was very pleased with how accurate and easy it was.They had 10 percent off, just recently on their website.

i believe the guy before me really really hacked my dash harnes on my 69 cuda...now i need to take a part the dash and replace what i can, i looked in paddock...new harnnes $600!!!!!!! no freakin way but dang its gonna be tough.. anyone know where i can find a wireing diagram for my car i really could use one about now :silent:

today i tried to order a haynes manual for my 69 cuda they said non were made, is there any other abody with the same wiring in the dash or anywhere for that matter? a dusters dash is very close in looks i presume the guage wiring is too? is that right? :silent:

66 dart wagon,
Haynes does in fact have a manual for your car and it's still availible. The part number is 30025. It covers 1967-69 Dodge Dart, Plymouth Valiant, AND Barracuda. It for the six cylinders not V-8's but other than the engine it's all the same. If non of the parts stores around you are willing to help try Advanceautoparts.com ( also Partsamerica.com). I work for Advance Auto and didn't have a problem getting it. It should be alot of help without paying the 50.00 for a reprint of the factory service manual ( that's the best 50.00 you could spend on a book though)

[QUOTE='68-340-S]66 dart wagon,
Haynes does in fact have a manual for your car and it's still availible. The part number is 30025. It covers 1967-69 Dodge Dart, Plymouth Valiant, AND Barracuda. It for the six cylinders not V-8's but other than the engine it's all the same. If non of the parts stores around you are willing to help try Advanceautoparts.com ( also Partsamerica.com). I work for Advance Auto and didn't have a problem getting it. It should be alot of help without paying the 50.00 for a reprint of the factory service manual ( that's the best 50.00 you could spend on a book though)[/QUOTE]

I also use the Plymouth Vans 67 - 83, basiclly the same! and work wonders.

Yeh, back then they made sence. Now you need to know your VIN, year, make, model, date of build, GVW, and what your fart smelled like just to find out what your driving!

[QUOTE='68-340-S]Yeh, back then they made sence. Now you need to know your VIN, year, make, model, date of build, GVW, and what your fart smelled like just to find out what your driving![/QUOTE]
aint it the truth parts number 30025 eh i'll have to check on that, the wiring isnt that much of a difference between a sb and /6 right just a couple wires and such cause my car was orginally a /6 now 318 swaped

1966 dart wagon said:
aint it the truth parts number 30025 eh i'll have to check on that, the wiring isnt that much of a difference between a sb and /6 right just a couple wires and such cause my car was orginally a /6 now 318 swaped

Your right, electrical wiring between a 6 and 8 motor is no big deal. A very easy work around.

I just re-did the wiring in my 72 Duster. all it took me was a case o beer , a Sunday, and a LOT of patience. I had a RWD manual from haynes, marked everything out (when I was sober) with duct tape and a ball point pen and installed all new gauges with my new RockyMountain Dashes bezel.Didn't do too bad, no popped fuses and everything worked OK.

-
Back