Aftermarket fender

-

Duster2022!

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing after market fenders for my 72 Dart the fender company says that the fender is built with the bucket already in the fender, but my old ones have bolt on brackets and buckets. I am trying to figure out if I will need the bucket and bracket off my old fenders. Issue is I sold my old fenders. Does anyone have an answer ? Have they done this before?

Post a photo even if it's from Google of what you are talking about.

There is a bracket that is welded to the fender and a bucket that is attached the the fender with adjusting screws and springs.

Post a photo even if it's from Google of what you are talking about.

There is a bracket that is welded to the fender and a bucket that is attached the the fender with adjusting screws and springs.

24523F46-7F5C-415C-B5CE-AE287738347D.png

7D2BC097-A738-46D4-A9D9-56F7BC3515AB.png

I know tbe originals have brackets that attach to fender then the bucket attaches to bracket, I don’t know what they mean by headlight bucket built in. I am trying to figure out if I will need the OEM brackets and buckets still

From the look of the photo I don't see a headlight bucket.

Silver is "bucket" the photo you posted does not have the bucket attached.

Screenshot_20221104-125604.png

Screenshot_20221104-125656.png

At least in 67 the blue arrow points to the bracket that the "bucket" attached to.
Screenshot_20221104-130252.png

the bracket is welded to the fender. Depending on year the bracket is moved. 69 is diferent location than 67 for example.

Last edited:
Have you called the manufacturer?

Perhaps they can send you a photo of the actual part.

Have you called the manufacturer?

Perhaps they can send you a photo of the actual part.
The customer service people know nothing.
I am at a loss right now.
I guess I will have to find brackets and buckets I messed up and let mine go with the fenders

Did you call the manufacturer or the reseller?

Most resellers know nothing more than the web shows them.

If you call AMD you will get someone who knows what that are talking about.

If you call summit not so much

Did you call the manufacturer or the reseller?

Most resellers know nothing more than the web shows them.

If you call AMD you will get someone who knows what that are talking about.

If you call summit not so much
I got my answer I need the brackets and bucket. To mount the headlights. Why they say bucket included is beyond me. At least I have my answer now

You are correct. That is the fender front with bracket and bucket assembly missing and of course the extension.

IMG_20221104_182624.jpg

-
Back