Aftermarket gauge placement?

-

MopaR&D

Nerd Member
Reaction score
I want to get a few gauges for my '70 Duster (Volts, Vacuum, Oil Pressure) but I can't figure out where/how to mount them!!! How have you guys done it in your cars? BTW it's the factory standard dash, not the Rallye.

P.S. I can't mount them under the center of the dash because I have the air vents there.

Anybody? I was thinking about cutting a hole in the dash on the right side of the instrument panel for a 2-5/8" vacuum gauge, then mounting two 2-1/16" gauges (volts, oil pressure) under the dash on the left side of the steering column. Is cutting up my dash a bad idea? I already mounted a tach on the A-pillar BTW.

Yesterday I mounted a tach under the air vents in the center. I think if you are going to keep a car forever for your own enjoyment, cut it however you want. But if you ever resell or show it where pristine condition may matter I'd avoid cutting. My two cents.

y not build a console and have the gauges lay in there. or if you really want to go all out get a dash off ebay and redo your gauges

Here is what I did.
IMG_0434s.jpg

They were there when i bought the car,but im not really happy with them being there.When i sit in the driver seat,there a little to low for me,or at the wrong angle or something,what ever it is,i dont like them there.Im planning on doing away with the a/c stuff in my car,and going with 2-5/8 autometer ultralite guages,so ill have to find somewere to mount mine too

263.jpg

-
Back