AFTERMARKET GAUGES

-

WAYNE0

Reaction score
Who here has made there own dash cluster with aftermarket gauges ? What gauges did you use ? What sizes ? Any pictures ? I am making my own cluster for my barracuda. I wanted to go with 5 in speedo & tach but i dont think they will work. To big. There is alot of 3 3/8 options out there but i think that will be to small. I think 4 in will just right. Not alot of options in 4 inch. The other 4 gauges will be around the 2 in size.

Not quite homemade but I pieced mine together from aftermarket stuff from Summit. A bit pricey for most options.
Using this: 1974 PLYMOUTH DUSTER AutoMeter 2141 AutoMeter Direct-Fit Dash Gauge Panels | Summit Racing
With these gauges: NVU Inc 69659-01 New Vintage USA 1969 Series Analog Gauges | Summit Racing
Here's the whole list: 1974 PLYMOUTH DUSTER - gauge cluster KEYWORD Parts & Accessories | Summit Racing
IMG_20210621_105235860.jpg

Yes, it was pricey but I had leftover insurance money so I figured I'll put it to good use.

Easy to do if you have the "Rally" dash frame that has the big dash opening. If you have the small 67-69 Dart type frame your options become nil and difficult to fit.

Easy to do if you have the "Rally" dash frame that has the big dash opening. If you have the small 67-69 Dart type frame your options become nil and difficult to fit.
yes i have the ralley dash frame

I used the Autometer setup, pretty easy swap. I had most if thr gauges from previous vehicles so the cost wasn't too bad.

Prior to that one I had found a gauge panel that didn't have holes in it and made one with the speedo centered, I had the tach mounted on the dash at the time.

20220306_202926.jpg

DSCN1175.JPG

Not quite homemade but I pieced mine together from aftermarket stuff from Summit. A bit pricey for most options.
Using this: 1974 PLYMOUTH DUSTER AutoMeter 2141 AutoMeter Direct-Fit Dash Gauge Panels | Summit Racing
With these gauges: NVU Inc 69659-01 New Vintage USA 1969 Series Analog Gauges | Summit Racing
Here's the whole list: 1974 PLYMOUTH DUSTER - gauge cluster KEYWORD Parts & Accessories | Summit Racing
View attachment 1716111773

Yes, it was pricey but I had leftover insurance money so I figured I'll put it to good use.
Would this work on a 1968 Valiant Signet? If not, I have this ready to go.

IMG_0726.jpeg

IMG_0727.jpeg

IMG_0725.jpeg

New Vintage gauges in a DIY cluster. I cut apart one from a 1971 Dart and made it from a sheet of ABS plastic then wrapped it with carbon fiber vinyl.

3AB5D2E9-4B59-4C0D-B2EA-B23E2D959FD3.jpeg

C52917F0-F756-466A-A384-AD6BCDF0E5B2.jpeg

Who here has made there own dash cluster with aftermarket gauges ? What gauges did you use ? What sizes ? Any pictures ? I am making my own cluster for my barracuda. I wanted to go with 5 in speedo & tach but i dont think they will work. To big. There is alot of 3 3/8 options out there but i think that will be to small. I think 4 in will just right. Not alot of options in 4 inch. The other 4 gauges will be around the 2 in size.

I didn’t want to change the original cluster too much, so I put new mechanical gauges in place of the OE.
Then made a new speedo face and backlit them all with LED lighting.
I made a separate pod up on the dash for tach, AF ratio and fuel.

IMG_4714.jpeg

newface.jpeg

IMG_3985.jpeg

I’m planning on cutting my dash and going the sheet metal route like you, how did you affix the sheet metal to the plastic dash? Do you have any pictures of the back? Thank you!
I haven’t permanently mounted the metal bezel yet, but I am going to use JB weld around the perimeter and some clamps to hold it together while it cures.

my 60 d100 and my 63 sfgc , 64 d100 have auto meter gauges , note the tach size on the racer is large and out front , but the street machine the speedo is the largest one , tach is one of the smaller ones . i do install true read gauges where there needed .

DSC03586.JPG

DSC03785.JPG

05190025.jpg

DSC07549.JPG

DSC07550.JPG

DSC01381.JPG

Some nice looking gauge clusters. I'm looking at doing the same on my 68 Valiant.

I want to go with 1 1/2" gauges. I've got all the gauges I need except a 1 1/2" fuel gauge ( sunpro CP8109).

I've been hunting for the fuel gauge for a couple of years now with no luck. As I understand it Sunpro has been absorbed by another company (Equus) their gauges look almost identical to the Sunpro units, but as far as I can tell they don;t offer a 1 1/2" fuel gauge.

Anybody have a lead on where I could find a 1 1/2" fuel gauge (preferably white faced?

Thanks

Some nice work there guys. Thanks for sharing. Question for those using LED lights. Are they compatible with the dimmer in the headlamp switch? I can't handle them full strength driving at night.

-
Back