Aftermarket steering column

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
What length are you guys using? And or what's the best way to decide what length to use? I have seen people say they use anywhere from 30-32". I will also be using an aftermarket K member too

IDIDIT shorty column with a bearing at the firewall. DD steering shafts all the way out. Easy peasy.

20140118_194549.jpg

20140122_200856.jpg

8EEC42D1-C3DD-43D7-AE73-0C03C2F7FE9D.jpg

IDIDIT shorty column with a bearing at the firewall. DD steering shafts all the way out. Easy peasy.

View attachment 1714975346

View attachment 1714975347

View attachment 1714975348
Thanks...want to use a column that uses GM components....hoping to be able to use a DBW throttle body on my LS with the hopes that wiring in cruise control is a bit easier....from what I remember of i use a DBW TB simple as telling whoever flashes the computer that I want to use cruise control....

Last edited:
To whomever disagreed with my comment...you footing the bill for my car? Disabled and don't have the deep pockets you folks do...so you would much rather see my car sit, unfinished, then to be a running driving hot rod? That's pretty stupid...just saying...and before you tell me I should have just bought a Chevy...I bought the Dart prior to being removed from the USPS for being a hazard to self & others...so I decided to use what I got. If me building a hybrid is a problem for you PayPal me every dime I have in the car, which is damn close to 20k. I will leave the car outside my gate for you to pick up at your earliest convenience...and take the funds to go hunting for a 67 Nova...

It's possible he just disagreed with some part of the process you mentioned, not that you're using GM stuff. Or maybe he just didn't agree that it pertained to the original question in this thread. All my wiring and connectors are more GM than Mopar because it just worked better. Yeah I said it. The Mopar wiring was ****. I use Ford and GM parts throughout my ride if it works better and costs less. Hell I'm putting a GM overdrive transmission in my car this winter. Who cares? Only the purists. Build your ride like you want and forget the rest.

It's possible he just disagreed with some part of the process you mentioned, not that you're using GM stuff. Or maybe he just didn't agree that it pertained to the original question in this thread. All my wiring and connectors are more GM than Mopar because it just worked better. Yeah I said it. The Mopar wiring was ****. I use Ford and GM parts throughout my ride if it works better and costs less. Hell I'm putting a GM overdrive transmission in my car this winter. Who cares? Only the purists. Build your ride like you want and forget the rest.

My aftermarket wiring uses GM wiring too. Just trying to find a solution without having to pay flaming river close to 1k for a damn steering column.

:drama:
To whomever disagreed with my comment...you footing the bill for my car? Disabled and don't have the deep pockets you folks do...so you would much rather see my car sit, unfinished, then to be a running driving hot rod? That's pretty stupid...just saying...and before you tell me I should have just bought a Chevy...I bought the Dart prior to being removed from the USPS for being a hazard to self & others...so I decided to use what I got. If me building a hybrid is a problem for you PayPal me every dime I have in the car, which is damn close to 20k. I will leave the car outside my gate for you to pick up at your earliest convenience...and take the funds to go hunting for a 67 Nova...
I disagreed with it, so what? Go post somewhere else and complain about someone not liking off topic comments in their posts. I am trying to finish a project on a deadline here. So go take a chill pill and move on from here, unless you care to help.

Hey Clint, is that mod for your column in your original build thread or somewhere else?

Hey Clint, is that mod for your column in your original build thread or somewhere else?

It's in my build thread. Couldn't tell you which page off the top of my head but I'd guess it's somewhere around page 5.

-
Back