Aftermarket Wiring

-

GeorgeGerhard

Reaction score
I finished the rewiring on my Dart, I removed the original dash, and purchased the insert from Redline, popped some holes and installed the Autometer gages.
I used the Ron Francis wiring kit. I like the way it was laid out, Each section to be wired is in a separate bag. I started with replacing the battery cables to 2 gage. Ron Francis suggested grounding the negative cable to the starter bolt, instead of the cylinder head, so that is what I did.
I wired the main box, the starter, and the relay, neutral safety, ignition, alternator, then fired the engine. Then I went after the gages, then the lights.
I wired the front fender marker light to blink when the turn signal is activated, or the flashers are turned on, thank you slantsixdan.
The wires were nicely marked what each wires was for and where it went on the fuse panel. The only thing that I can say is that I like it, but Im not sold on the fact that it was a mopar wiring system, most instructions mentioned GM.
I replaced every light socket and bulb, including new headlights. New neutral safety switch, as someone just put a plug in the trans, new starter relay.
The speedometer is electric (no cable), so today I decide to go fro a ride to calibrate the speedometer, I do that, go get gas then my shifter cable breaks at the gas station. Now Im stuck in park, I let the headers cool for a while then I went under the car and got in into neutral, then called AAA to get a tow home.
As you will see in my picture I ran a 8 gage wire from the battery to a terminal strip for all my grounds. I ran a wire from this strip to the rear of the car for all the lights. Everything is nice and bright.
As you can see by my Fluke meter I have nice voltage at the battery.
Now guess what I totally forgot to do??
Wire the windshield wipers!
I think I will buy a new switch, instead of taking the one out of the original dash, now I have to figure out the wiring for it.
So I just have to neaten up he wires at the fuse panel.
I am going to put a piece of aluminum where the radio bezel was and the glove box. This car has no heater assembly, which I would like to find in the future.
The dash pad is the plastic cap.
So now I need a shifter cable but I like that cheetah shifter the abodyjoe has in his car.

regards
George G

SANY1473.jpg

SANY1474.jpg

SANY1476.jpg

SANY1477.jpg

SANY1478.jpg

SANY1479.jpg

SANY1481.jpg

SANY1482.jpg

-
Back