again....whats this called

-
that's where the bypass hose goes.

Attachments

• p4876374mopar125.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 398
  • mopp_0705_2_z+mopar_performance_engine_build+360_small_block.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 407
so i cant find a by pass hose fitting ive been to every damn parts store in town where can i find it

so i cant find a by pass hose fitting ive been to every damn parts store in town where can i find it

if your town is like mine then its no surprise.

there is one on ebay now but its a bit spendy ......I bet Jegs or mancini racing would have them or you might see if someone has a used one here on FABO......or as a last resort a local dodge/jeep dealer probably has them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Bypas...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d0fd887f8&vxp=mtr

I would count on having to order it ...I doubt a local place would have it ...even a dealer would probably need to order it from a warehouse somewhere

It's called a.... (wait for it).... NIPPLE

Try Mancini racing. I saw some different ones there. You have to realize that there were two different size ones on the small block. Measure the nipple on your water pump that that one connects to and get a nipple in that size.

They used to make a tapered bypass hose with one size on one end and the "other" size on the other, but not backwards. I can't remember which way it was. I believe that the nipple size changed in 1970 when they went to the aluminum water pump from the old cast iron one.

Tell them what size nipple is on your water pump, and then tell them that you need the bypass nipple to fit into the intake for the bypass. I can't remember if it is 3/8" or 1/2" pipe thread for the manifold.

In extreme emergencies, you can get a short pipe that fits the manifold thread and then cut it off and use that, but it will not have the blow off resistance than a nipple with a barbed end. And you would have to use a pipe thread reducer if you need to downsize the pipe to the smaller "nipple" size.

It's just a 3/4 pipe nipple. It's nuthin special.

No. It's 3/4 PIPE thread. It may measure 1" but it's 3/4 NPT pipe.

Mancini sells them.
I have two new sets still in the packages, not worth the time to remove them from an old manifold.

you mean something like this

Yes, that can work. But it will be a better seal if you had the same size nipple with a barb. The barb on the nipple helps it from blowing off under pressure. I recommend trying to find one with a barb, and the pipe as a last resort (if it is the same size as the nipple on the water pump). It's easier to find a bypass hose with a consistant diameter than try to run the one with two different sizes to match two different size nipples.

Yes Mancini has them.

Check a Napa,Carquest,O Reilly 's . Look for the old guy,he uses books. If you can wait,I can nail it Monday at work. In parts,books are your best friend.

-
Back