Ahhh finally!

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
A nice burn.
Put an Edelbrock dual plane and a 1405 Eddy performer carb on my otherwise stock 318, got er dialed in at idle easily but noticed it felt a little whimpy out on the road.
Pulled a couple of plugs and they were almost pure white.
I upped the mainjets and secondaries two sizes and now it burn like this.

Attachments

• DSCF0021.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 125
i did the same thing. and mine feels a littie sluggish, though much better than the 2 barrel. what jets did you have and what did you go to?

Sorry, I said 1405, and it'a an 06 electric choke.
Had 98 main and 96 seconadaries I think.
Went to 100 main and 98 secondaries.

The carb was on a 360 so unless it was a high altitude application I can't imagine how that 360 was running with it.

i did the same thing. and mine feels a littie sluggish, though much better than the 2 barrel. what jets did you have and what did you go to?

Mine feels a little slugish under a load, and it kind picks up a little when I back off the throttle.
I'm going to do timing and advance rechecks and see if that has anything to do with it.
It could be that my advance needs a recurve also, from the way it feels.
Almost feels like when I back off the throttle that it advances the timing more and picks up a little crispness.
I's really subtle but it bugs me when **** doesn't work right, and I can't leave it alone until it does.

I'm at about 5,200 elevation.

im the same way. it drives me nuts to have a crappy idle and a bog of the line. i have a new 1406 that i just put on and this carb has been nothing short of a pain in my ***. ive had it apart so many times i lost count. i think the primary jets are 97s. i have a holley 600 on my 360 and it loves that carb. i would use it but then i would need a spacer to get the pump off the intake. im at about 6300 feet here in CO. i got rid of the bog and it idles great now, its just kind of a turd. i think it really needs to be richer with something like what you have.

Attachments

• d187.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 84
I noticed here and there that some people mod the counterweight on the secodaries to open sooner, or with less hesitation anway.
Not sure that would help though.

Seems like it would increase the CFM a little but that would just make it leaner on the secondaries.

On the upside I get better performance and better mileage with the Eddy stuff over the original 2 barrel.

im the same way. it drives me nuts to have a crappy idle and a bog of the line. i have a new 1406 that i just put on and this carb has been nothing short of a pain in my ***. ive had it apart so many times i lost count. i think the primary jets are 97s. i have a holley 600 on my 360 and it loves that carb. i would use it but then i would need a spacer to get the pump off the intake. im at about 6300 feet here in CO. i got rid of the bog and it idles great now, its just kind of a turd. i think it really needs to be richer with something like what you have.

-
Back