Air Cleaner "Art" is done

-

DrEamer

I suffer from cars on the brain!
Reaction score
I posted earlier about wanting to make a custom air cleaner tin for my 408 stroker. The tread here A little air cleaner "art"

Anyway, I just got this back from the graphics shop. The only flaw is that he put in white lettering instead of the metal colored like original. That said, it is sort of growing on me. They had to do it in two pieces, with a center piece, and the outer circle separate. He covered the original painted portion, and left the aluminum exposed.

20200423_170212.jpg

I wouldn't sweat the different colored lettering. It looks great.

I’m assuming that is vinyl decal?
If so, what do you do to prevent curling with engine heat? Originals were screen printed for that reason. But back then I’m sure the decals were not of the same quality they are now.

I’m assuming that is vinyl decal?
If so, what do you do to prevent curling with engine heat? Originals were screen printed for that reason. But back then I’m sure the decals were not of the same quality they are now.

I asked the same question before we started the work. He assured me the he has done a few intake manifolds with no issues. I suppose I could spray the back of the tin with some sort of thermal barrier coating if needed, or use clear coat VHT over the top.

I wouldent put any clearcoat over the top. If it yellows or starts peeling from the heat that will suck.

I wouldent put any clearcoat over the top. If it yellows or starts peeling from the heat that will suck.

The clear coat would be a last resort, he warrenties his work, so going to leave it as it is for now.

I am
I posted earlier about wanting to make a custom air cleaner tin for my 408 stroker. The tread here A little air cleaner "art"

Anyway, I just got this back from the graphics shop. The only flaw is that he put in white lettering instead of the metal colored like original. That said, it is sort of growing on me. They had to do it in two pieces, with a center piece, and the outer circle separate. He covered the original painted portion, and left the aluminum exposed.

View attachment 1715515030
I am in search of the very decal you had made.
Would you share the contact information of the guy, shop who made it for you?
Your in box is full. You can PM me .
Thanks.......Cudafish

-
Back