Air cleaner options 65 barracuda 2 barrel

-

Bud27

Reaction score
It has the stock 2 barrel Carter carb. Looking for cold air intake or filter adapter for bigger filter .
any input would be great and thanks in advance.

just my idea. i dont like cold air intake. for daily drivers. it lets in to much trash , leaves ect. the HP gain is not worth the trouble.

Doesn't the air cleaner have a snorkel on it? Run something like heating ducting from the snorkel to the front and instant cold air system.

Doesn't the air cleaner have a snorkel on it? Run something like heating ducting from the snorkel to the front and instant cold air system.

No it has a weird clamp under the air cleaner base . I'll post pics in the am .

Is this the kind of air cleaner you have????

I believe 65 dartman was referring to adding flexible ductwork to the snorkel.....

Attachments

• 273 AC.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 116
Is this the kind of air cleaner you have????

I believe 65 dartman was referring to adding flexible ductwork to the snorkel.....

It has a small Edelbrock air cleaner using the original base .

No it has a weird clamp under the air cleaner base . I'll post pics in the am .

That's why you have to use the air cleaner base with the aftermarket top. The carb doesn't have provisions to run a regular air cleaner that uses a wing nut to secure the air cleaner to the carb.

would the larger aircleaner for a 318 2bbl fit - I think it has the same throat size as a 1bbl with a bigger filter element and they are a dime a dozen

-
Back