air cleaner

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
Where can I get a Air cleaner like this for my 360 that has cast heads and air gap intake? I think I might need it to be a low profile b/c of my intake.. not sure though...

Attachments

• air filter.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 294
The lid is a k&n but summit has a version of it also. You will probably need a drop base and a 3" filter.

I wanted to go with a factory 360 4 barrel air cleaner on my Duster w/360 cast J-heads and an air gap intake but it wouldn't let my hood shut so I had to put on this holley drop unit on. I may go to an m-1 intake to be able to use my stock air cleaner.

Attachments

• DSCN0151.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 231
  • DSCN0152.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 238
  • DSCN0153.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 219
Your not a fan of that K&N xtreme filter I posted? It seems like it would flow some good air with the design.

I have nothing against K&N they make very good products but when we got my car buttoned up and ready to drive after putting the 360 in and the hood wouldn't shut with the stock air cleaner I had to make a quick run to Advance Auto Parts to get something and this is the only drop unit they had. I still want to go back to the stock look and from past experience an M-1 will drop everything low enough to work. I do like the looks of the one in your pic though.
I have 3.91 gears and drove to Columbus Ohio for the Mopar Nationals last Aug. from Speedway IN. going 60-65 mph and averaged 16 mpg. This was less than 2 weeks after finishing the car. I dont know what it will run in the 1/4 but I out-ran a friends 12.3 second Mustang last fall so I think it breathes ok.

There are several air cleaners that have paper elements on the Summitt website. Find one with a drop base and an 3" element.

I just got one like the one in the picture from Skip White Performance for $52.00 and that included shipping. 14x3 drop base

I just got one like the one in the picture from Skip White Performance for $52.00 and that included shipping. 14x3 drop base

summitt does have some bad *** stuff.... I couln't find the skip white performance ones.. they don however have some sick valve covers I want now..lol

All you need is the drop base then you can run a K&N filter with the top you posted.

whiteperformance1 on ebay is skip white performance. sorry for confusion, I didn't see the air clearners on his web site ether but they are on ebay.

one question... can I use a 1.25" drop base on my air gap with my holley without is interfering with the throttle linkage? Or do I need to go with another size drop base?

-
Back