Air Compressor help

-
Got the 80 gallon kobalt unit. It's made by Campbell hausefield as I'm sure most know. It was on for $904, they raised the price to $950. I was in lowes and walked past one that had an old price tag on it for the $904, sitting next to one that had the new price tag on it. I asked an employee if I could buy the old priced unit. He said yep, our bad not yours. Then I pulled out a $10 off anything coupon I had, used my 10% military discount and got it for $794 out the door. 5.5 hp, 16 cfm a minute, 3 year factory warranty. My electrician is pulling in power next week, so its ready to be hard wired in. As that's the only way there set up to be used.

Got the 80 gallon kobalt unit. It's made by Campbell hausefield as I'm sure most know. It was on for $904, they raised the price to $950. I was in lowes and walked past one that had an old price tag on it for the $904, sitting next to one that had the new price tag on it. I asked an employee if I could buy the old priced unit. He said yep, our bad not yours. Then I pulled out a $10 off anything coupon I had, used my 10% military discount and got it for $794 out the door. 5.5 hp, 16 cfm a minute, 3 year factory warranty. My electrician is pulling in power next week, so its ready to be hard wired in. As that's the only way there set up to be used.

That's a killer deal. And thank you for your service.

Couldn't your electrician put a 220 receptacle in and put a cord on the compressor instead of hard wiring it. That way, you could always use the outlet for your welder if you needed to? Or is there an advantage to hardwiring it?

Thank you. I'm not sure if there's any benefit to it being hardwired other than a dedicated circuit. I will ask him about that for sure though. I think with the entire shop needing to be pulled in for power it's easy enough for him to do a dedicated drop for it. Its going to live on a pad in its own doghouse outside the shop next to the generator that's on a switch over. I'm having him pull a 200 amp service to my house with a generator switch over as well. We don't lose power here often, but as I'm on well and septic might as well make the jump to be able to be fully prepared for self sufficiency.

An 80 gal IR for free??

I don't even want to know what unspeakable things you had to do on craigslist to score that :D

Just lucky, the guy wanted to rid of it and heard by word of mouth. Lots of small shops close down all the time and have some treasures inside.

-
Back