Air gap small block intake -any brand testing?

-

OL DODGE

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anybody has yet to do a comparison on the air gap intake s that are out now for the LA small blocks. I see there is a "Crosswinds" brand ,an Edelbrock one and one or two others -they look very similar externally -their casting lines and runners and such.......
just wondering before I buy.

ask 50 people you'll get 100 opinions , I bought Edelbrock , is it better ? No idea , do I care , no , if I did I'd ride a Chev

The Eddy's are made in the USA, at least according to Edelbrock. The rest are made in China.

As far as flow numbers, no idea. I've heard of folks that have had core shift issues with both the Crosswinds and the Eddy's.

I run an Edelbrock Air Gap on the 340 in my Duster, haven't had any issues with it. The heads on the 340 were milled so the Air Gap was milled to fit the heads, but that would have been the same regardless of what intake I put on there. I bought another one to go on the 318 for my Dart.

Bought a Edelbrock Magnum Air Gap in July and it has really thick port flanges. Seams to be good so far.

I bought an Edelbrock Airgap from Hughes for my 5.9 Magnum based stroker. I did have them deep port match it to their Edy CNC chamber worked/Super Prepped heads, which were also had their hand port/bowl blended.

I changed to many other things to independently rate the manifold, but everything fit well on it and it looks great.

-
Back