air pressure in slicks

-
i think i had my qtp down to about 10/11 you'll get the feel of them when your on a pass and the car has a little side to side action then go up about 1to2 lbs..you'll have to work with them to get the best press. for your ride and liken mike

No magic number. Start with the 17. Make a pass and if it doesn't spin then you drop it a pound on each run until it spins than go back the previous setting. You want to run as much air as possible in the tires and still have traction. More air = less rolling resistance.

I run about 11 lbs in my 67 Dart.
And add air when it dances around to much at the top end

IMGP0192.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmover
i think i had my qtp down to about 10/11 you'll get the feel of them when your on a pass and the car has a little side to side action then go up about 1to2 lbs..you'll have to work with them to get the best press. for your ride and liken mike

this is the best advice.

guess where i learn this from thanks bob.....let me know when your ready for me to come on up ill do what i can.....also the track open up tomm. i know im not going but maybe next week we can go out a see some racing mike

My 28x12.5 QTP's like 13.5 lbs....this is on my Barracuda, 3225 lbs with driver. If I go much lower the tire wads up on the launch...I have been down to 10lbs before, but that was scary near the stripe (especially with a cross wind).

-
Back